Traktor crashes on any File/Open dialog (Windows)

Default Traktor crashes on any File/Open dialog (Windows)

Hi all.

I've recently switched to a new Windows based system running Traktor on Windows 8.1. Whenever I launch any File/Open dialogs from within the preferences, Traktor crashes. This has made it impossible for me to change default file locations or to import my Twister TSI file for the Traktor Squencer.

I haven't seen any discussions of this issue on the NI forums or other searches. Maybe someone here has seen this? Here's some troubleshooting I have done:

-This problem exists on 2.9 but I had the issue prior to upgrading to 2.9 as well.
    -The problem does NOT occur on the Controller Editor
    -The problem does NOT occur in other NI stand-alone applications (like Reaktor)
    -Turning off all network connections and going into airplane mode does not fix it (thought it might be related to network sharing)
    -Running as administrator did not fix it
    -Running in Windows 7 compatibility mode did not fix it

Hope someone has seen this and has an idea, I'd REALLY like to use the Twister sequencer at a gig in a few weeks.

Thanks.

-kb

I don't know what's causing it but have you tried renaming your tsi file(s) & traktor settings (nml) file so it doesn't import them at start up.
    May be corrupted?
    SC | MC

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Sounds like your Collection might have gone ill. Try backing it up and creating a new one to check if the issue persists, if not then you found the culprit =)

While not exactly for the same issue this article shows how to start with a fresh collection:

Doesn't appear to be a collection issue. I blew away the Traktor 2.9.0 directory and started fresh, still have the same problem when accessing file dialogs, crashes almost immediately.

*sigh*

Still no response from NI support or any responses on the NI forums either. Thought it might be a network drive issue or something, but I've even tried disabling the network entirely before launching and it still occurs. Looks like I'm left with two options before resorting to something drastic like reinstalling the entire system: hope a Windows 10 upgrade solves is or watch my Twister collect dust (not really an option). I suppose there's a third: I could just hand-create the Twister

Windows 10 upgrade no difference. Going to try completely uninstalling Traktor. Hope I don't have to rebuild the whole system...

Tech Student

Default Any luck?

Quote Originally Posted by Kundabuffer View Post
    Windows 10 upgrade no difference. Going to try completely uninstalling Traktor. Hope I don't have to rebuild the whole system...
    Did you manage to fix the issue? I'm currently having the same problem after getting a new laptop, worried!

Tech Student

Default Any luck?

Hi, have you had any luck with this issue?

I've phoned Traktor and they had never heard of the issue and were unable to help.