Problem setting up DJM 850 with Traktor
    Tech Mentor

Default Problem setting up DJM 850 with Traktor

Hello music friends,

I recently got a new computer and naturally, wanted to move over my music and DJing software over to it. After installing Traktor Scratch Pro 2 and Pioneer's DJM 850 driver, I connected the mixer, turned it on, and fired up Traktor.

However, for some reason Traktor only recognizes the DJM 850 WASAPI Shared Mode option - there is no ASIO option, which is needed to run Traktor's decks onto different channels on the mixer. Any ideas as to what could be going on? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Pioneer's DJM 850 drivers, but to no avail.

Have you installed ASIO?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Have you got the latest versions of the 850 drivers?

https://www.pioneerdj.com/en/support/software/djm-850

Read the manual?

https://www.pioneerdj.com/en/support/documents/djm-850

You've got yourself a lovely mixer there, mate. You're gonna have a lot of fun.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

If you installed the latest version of Traktor 2.9 and you have a 64bit OS then you'll need to follow the readme to roll across to the 32bit version of Traktor because your Pioneer drivers are only 32bit.

It is an issue that Pioneer are currently working on but it looks like it won't happen till after their new Rekordbox software is completed. Essentially all you'll encounter is that Traktor can't use more than 3GB of RAM and it doesn't run quite as efficiently as it does as a 64bit application.
    Main Gig Comp - MacBook Air 11" 1.3GHz i5, 4GB, 512GB, OS X 10.12.6
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...
    Plenty of studio gear and not enough time ... and a few Nexo PA systems

If this is the case - try installing Asio4ALL before trying the 32bit work around.

Then report back.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

Hi everyone, thanks for the quick responses! Turns out that frankle was right -

Quote Originally Posted by frankle View Post
    If you installed the latest version of Traktor 2.9 and you have a 64bit OS then you'll need to follow the readme to roll across to the 32bit version of Traktor because your Pioneer drivers are only 32bit.
    Thankfully, there is a 32-bit version of traktor in the (x86) folder inside your Program Files/Native Instruments folder.

Hahah, I've been using traktor for 5 years and there are always new fun bugs going on >_<