USB MIDI problem
    Tech Wizard

Default USB MIDI problem

I have a stupid laptop that's serving as DJ laptop for quite some time! I use it with a Vestax VCI 400!
    Often the dj controller is not being recognized and traktor/serato are telling me there is no device - no audio/no midi. I thought it was the controllers fault but i see it when i connect somthing with usb cable (phone etc.) it is not always recognized! What can i do i that case. Or maybe diganose it someway. For the recored it is a b960 processor and windows 10 on an Asus laptop.

Make sure it's plugged in before running the program.
    Try another usb port?
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Tech Wizard

Well i think this is alsways the fact!

Could try locating the latest firmware before it went defunct and reflashing it

Tech Guru

go mac
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Wizard

Going mac is not an option - firstly where i live they are quite expensive, and second some of the software i am working with i snot working under Mac.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

You can get all VCI400 firmware files here: https://support.serato.com/hc/en-us/...s-and-Firmware

Try checking if there are any driver updates for your computer too.
    Last edited by padi_04; 09-08-2015 at 10:40 AM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    You can get all VCI400 firmware files here: https://support.serato.com/hc/en-us/...s-and-Firmware

Try checking if there are any driver updates for your computer too.
    I have updated the firmware to the standalone mixer version. My way of DJing is mainly concentrated on Traktor and dont want to loose this option! I still use Serato just for the fun from time to time (it works)! The only things i like more are better joghwell responce (although i dont scratch), smart crates and lack of EQ knobs on the screen! But thats not going to make me use serato more often. It kinda got better i dj-ed a few times since than, and there were no problems the software (both) recognize the VCI!

Quote Originally Posted by x2805 View Post
    I still use Serato just for the fun from time to time (it works)! The only things i like more are better joghwell responce (although i dont scratch), smart crates and lack of EQ knobs on the screen!
    You can adjust Traktor so that EQ knobs are not visible, btw.

Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2