2 VCI 100 on 1 LAPTOP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default 2 VCI 100 on 1 LAPTOP

hey guys i was thinking of doing a duo with my friend and i would like to kno how we can set up the two vci on one comp so i can control DECK A & B and he will control DECKS C & D i have the presonus firebox i want to kno if with that soundcard i should be ok or i need to buy one with 2 headphones PORT and More outputs channels also i want to kno if this is possible with the 1.3 firmware SE thanks in advance

Traktor doesn't support 2x cues sent to two different sets of headphones, you would have to be mixing externally and using a piece of software that does support multiple cues (Ableton doesn't do that either) :\ Only piece of software i know for sure that can do that is FL studio, but then that wont sync with Traktor >_< Basically what you want to do is a monumental pain in the butt unless you were mixing externally on a mixer.

You could try each having a mono channel to cue though and crazy weird Ableton routings that would let you each pick your tracks by routing audio into either side of cue channel :\

Ontop of that there is the wiring you would need to do, you would have to be able to amplify 2 RCA signals for use with 2 sets of headphones.

Maybe someone else has something more simple

bentosan: they could of course also use an external mixer with 2 person cueing options; Letting all decks go into that external mixer seperately will fix the deal then

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

You could also get a headphone amp
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

so that would be kind of impossible and how i would do it external

maybe...one headphone is a usb headset...which is a soundcard in itsself. so with asio4all it could work. i don´t know?
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

what would be impossible? Trust me, when it comes to this stuff nothing in impossible.

The question is what do you want to do? You can each be using the same headphone channel if you can get a rhythm down, of course. So after he cues and plays his track you use the cue channel. Combine that with a monitor and you'll be set, really.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

hey i wanna do the same thing with an se and a normal. but i dont use headphones. is this all possible if there are no headphone problems?
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Once you get the VCI-100's set up on different channels to one another and the tks files set, its very possible to do. The biggest pain in the butt is the headphones.

Tech Mentor

yea what about if we run all the cue from the same output and with put a splitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast