Beginner Producer, Soft/Hardware combinations
    Tech Mentor

Default Beginner Producer, Soft/Hardware combinations

Im very eager to start producing music / mash ups (drum & bass, Dubstep, Fidget House)...

I like the idea of having hands on equipment to produce, rather then tedious tweaking on the computer... though I know at some point I will need to get used to this...

I came across the Akai mpc500 on youtube, and seems really interesting, especially as it looks like I'd be able to start putting stuff together relatively quickly...

I aslo found this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKHNf...eature=related - really liking the tune this guy is kicking on the microkorg & mpc

I'm looking for a set up not only for producing but possibly live performances aswel.

Also I've just bought a copy of ableton lite 7 to get a taster of what it offers for producing.

Any help, advise & suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Cutta

Best advice I would give you is to find a Midi Keyboard you would like to get.

M-Audio, Korg, Berhinger, etc.... have many options out there. If you search this forum there is a few discussions on that topic.

Then choose your DAW that you would like to work in.
    Once again there are many choices here.

Names include: Ardour, Logic, Ableton, Reaper, Pro Tools, Adobe Audition, Fl Studio, Sony Acid, Cubase etc..
    and they come in various OS compatible flavours.

Best place to start finding tips and tricks is on youtube.

good example of a simple studio is ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQSER4QsrPg
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .