Traktor crashed last night
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor crashed last night

So Im playing at a gig and using traktor, I noticed when I load a track or copy from deck b to a my load meter jumps heavily and traktor screen blinks and for a momentary time, freezes. As the night goes on this would happen not the same all the time but eventually my Traktor did freeze and I had to shutdown and restart my laptop 3 times during the gig. Has anyone experienced any issue related to this.

Thank you in advance DJ Tarco

No not at all, did you have any other programs opened? Did you reboot your laptop in advance? Because otherwise you might be in the market for a new laptop/fresh OS installation on your laptop.
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Tarco View Post
    anyone experienced any issue related to this.

Thank you in advance DJ Tarco
    Yes, but which Traktor version is it?
    Haven't had a single crash with 2.9 and I'm using it every day like a mad man.

Are you using an external HD? How old is your internal HD?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Could be a lot of different reasons for this occurring. Bad MP3's, progs open in background, subversive malware, midi controllers (unlikely-but possible load meter issues) hard drive, RAM, do you use your computer for anything else other than music?
    I had a crash 2 times on the road. One due to a power fault, other unexplained.
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Tech Convert

Traktor was the only program running i made sure in my task manager application. Im running windows 7 ultimate but i will ask more question to my computer guy about the OS.

Tech Convert

I was using 2.9 at the time when it crashed.

Tech Convert

Im using an internal HD i have no idea how old it is but about a year ago i had an internal 2 TB installed, have been using it ever since.

Tech Convert

The topic of bad MP3's has come to mind currently trying to use MP3eval to see if thats the problem. Next im gonna try that malware issue, can you recommend a program that would be good for that. No i just use it for DJing and a few browsing on the net.

Tech Wizard

I had the exact same issue when my hard drive started dying, Make sure to back up your collection asap and then look into if there are any problems with either of your drives.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast