Rubik's Cube Midi Controller
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Rubik's Cube Midi Controller

Why does it not exist yet? 6 encoders and 54 buttons with wireless connectivity. Jus sayin....
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

invent it :P

Tech Wizard

take one apart and you'll see why;

no way you're going to affordably fit the components in there unless you make it like, 12 inches cubed
    Traxus Interactive Webiste (Lemur template download here)
    Traxus Interactive on Facebook (Most up to date news here)

Tech Convert

The idea kinda reminds me of this

http://www.alphasphere.com/

Traxus hit the first part on the head...size. For encoders its just not going to work unless you make your own encoders. The 'arguably' better and more likely to be producable option would be to use pressure sensative buttons. You could for instance use the same style of LEDs and buttons employed in the Push. If you take it apart, its easy to see that that design's footprint could be reduced as much as you are comfortable with (I doubt the Launchpad is any different). You could take a 3x3 board for each active side (I'd leave one side of the Cube for show only).

That would net you color changing pads that look like a rubix...as for use *shrug*
    I'm sure you could map a Deck to each side for basic functions, and the 'top' could be a 'master' if you will.

For production, I don't see any real benefit though.
    - Unreall

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Traxus View Post
    take one apart and you'll see why;

no way you're going to affordably fit the components in there unless you make it like, 12 inches cubed
    I prefer the idea of a 12inch rubiks cube!

It would def be an oversized rubiks cube to be noticed by the crowd. Instead of the actual pieces moving, the colors would move when you move the cube.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

*sets down controller*

*pushes bottom 9 buttons doing so*

*accidentally plays levels*

*career dead*

Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

haha. One side would def be lights only. lmao tho

Figured the easiest way to do it would be 6 touchscreens. Thinking about purchasing 6 gently used s3 mini's and attempting it using touchosc. Anyone have experience with multiple devices connected via touchosc at once?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast