Bad Experiences buying DJ gear on ebay? How did you cope with it? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    Id get him to send you the correct adaptor, and just try to clean the crossfader with deoxit. I do this every time I buy any DJ gear and it always works wonders on anything second hand.
    It doesn't look like his crossfader is just "sticky" as he previously described it (I failed to look through the entire video), it looks like the entire crossfader is stuck. If the crossfader stem isn't obviously bend I don't know what could cause that.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Probably a drink spill, since it didn't get treated in time there is a high chance the whole part got corroded and isn't really making contact anymore, otherwise he'd have the crossfader jumping all over the place in Serato.

THIS guy, been so long are you still in Toronto?
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by bmo View Post
    THIS guy, been so long are you still in Toronto?
    Hahaha.... Not at all Man! It's been a year since I left TDot. I am now living in Chicago. Got a Job here working for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Wtb you? Still at Waterloo Univ? Or you done with that?
    Like my page: [/B]www.facebook.com/djtruewind !

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    It doesn't look like his crossfader is just "sticky" as he previously described it (I failed to look through the entire video), it looks like the entire crossfader is stuck. If the crossfader stem isn't obviously bend I don't know what could cause that.
    Exactly. It's not an issue of a dirty fader. IF it was, I wouldn't be making a big deal of it. I think that something Heavy was put on top of the crossfader stem, which caused it to F**k up, rendering it useless... I already messaged the seller asking him why he hasn't responded to any of the questions I asked instead of just accusing me of mishandling the item, and also offered to renogiate some terms as I originally asked for $75 as a refund. We'll see how that goes!
    Like my page: [/B]www.facebook.com/djtruewind !

Quote Originally Posted by truewind View Post
    Exactly. It's not an issue of a dirty fader. IF it was, I wouldn't be making a big deal of it. I think that something Heavy was put on top of the crossfader stem, which caused it to F**k up, rendering it useless...
    If you remove the fader cap the crossfader shaft and the possible damage should be clearly visible.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

I've bought all of my current gear (except for my S4 mk1 but I'm selling that one) second hand, have never been disappointed so far
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Quote Originally Posted by truewind View Post
    Hahaha.... Not at all Man! It's been a year since I left TDot. I am now living in Chicago. Got a Job here working for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Wtb you? Still at Waterloo Univ? Or you done with that?
    Naa man, been working full-time in Toronto as a Transportation Planner for a private consulting firm for the past two years. Been out of the DJ scene for a while. Actually in the same boat as you and looking to get back into it again :P Glad to see things are going well for you as well!

In terms of your Ebay purchase did you pay through PayPal? and If so can't you make a claim through PayPal as well in addition to Ebay?
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

Hey! I've been buying and selling on Ebay since 2000 and so far I've had great experiences minus one buying and one selling. Buying: bought a Shure SM58 but received, I shit you not, an envelope with a pirated copy of MS Office 2007 with the label printed on a BAD color printer (including how the scanner read the hologram. Hint, badly). Since I knew right away I was going to get a refund I LOL'ed pretty hard at this and made a great story. I think I still have that somewhere. Got refunded in about 2 weeks. This was in 2007?

Now having been a seller I just got a bad deal selling a video card where allegedly one of the DVI ports did not work. To make it clear, Ebay will always side with the buyer from the getgo. This means that if you sell something and there is no tracking number there is NOTHING the seller can do to prove the item was sent. Even if you have a tracking number Ebay will tell you to get insurance from the shipping carrier like UPS, DHL, etc. In other words Ebay wont do squat to help buyers.

So the buyer filed a complain and I pretty much had no option since you'll get a "If there is no action from your part in X amount of time, funds will be taken of your paypal yadda yadda". So I just told the buyer to return the card, however, once I agreed to return the money, the funds were deducted immediately and the buyer did not returned the card. I filed back a compain about good not returned and Ebay did nothing. So I lost both money and item and Ebay a 15 year customer.

Recommendation: just return the thing and get it over with and move on. There will be better deals elsewhere.

Now I sell locally and have had better luck.

Also I've both bought and sold stuff here in the DJTT forums and have had some pretty great experiences! I remember I bought my first controller, a VCI-100 back in 2008? with a Presonus Firebox along some other stuff. The seller even explained how to connect everything properly and in no time I was good to go! A few years later I sold it here again (for pretty cheap) and got a used Traktor S4 MK1 pretty close to it's launch date which is still the same unit I'm using today! The seller had serial unregistered and everything so when I got it I was good to go in minutes

I highly recommend the forums here since the community is just the best on the net not mentioning that you can get some sick deals as well! Too bad Im broke because RGASing here is serious stuff!

Cheers!
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12