New Ableton/House Production Website
    Tech Wizard

Default New Ableton/House Production Website

Hey guys,
    jsut thought I'd let you know about a new blog I'm starting at http://icanmakemusic.blogspot.com/ - it's going to be centered around making house music with Ableton Live, but a lot of the techniques will be applicable to any style an DAW.

The reason I'm starting it is because I figured there's loads of those "little things" you pick up as you produce each track that nobody ever really tells you. So I'm just going to keep a running list of those little things, so that hopefully others won't have to spend so long trying to figure the same thing out

I know it's in it's infancy at the moment (there's only a few tips so far), but my aim is a new tip every day.

If anyone else would like to contribute anything to it, PM me - I'd be really interested to work with others on this

Cheers guys,
    Fus

Tech Student

I know it's in it's infancy at the moment (there's only a few tips so far), but my aim is a new tip every day.

Tech Wizard

Umm, that's what she said?

Oh no... wait.... it's what I said.

Fus

This could be good if you really keep adding to it, do some tutorials and more in depth articles. Like everyone someone would need to know who has never touched ableton...

Tech Wizard

Well, the intention is of course to keep adding to it, although as far as creating something for someone who's never touched ableton, I'm not sure about that. That's what the manual is for

The way I look at it, there's been countless "shiit, I never thought of doing that" moments in the last 2 years I've been learning production, and each time I have one, it's like a light has turned on somewhere, and I'm ready to go to the next stage. It's stuff that isn't in the manual, but it's still stuff you need to know in order to craft a decent production. That's more what I'd like to focus on here: just small nuggets of information to do with using the program in the context of making house tracks that you can take away and experiment with in your own productions.

Fus