Vinyl Recording
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vinyl Recording

Default Vinyl Recording

Hi,

I have 2 turntables and a DJ mixer pioneer DJM 250. I would like to record some mixes. I heard that I need to buy an external sound card (USB), but I'm a little bit lost.

Do you have any suggestions of a reasonable (in price) sound card? I have in mind the Roland Tri-Capture USB, what do you think about it?

thanks for your responses!

Cheers

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

You already have all you need, just connect the Master 2 output of your mixer to the Input 3 on your audio interface, then assign that to any recording software or your favourite DAW and you should be cool =).

I do not have already the sound card, I'm still looking for one. Is this a good sound card the Roland Tri-Capture ?

cheers

I don't think OP has an audio interface yet - hence the question.

Don't know about the Tri-Capture, but a lot of people use some sort of NI audio interface - they have different models for different prices and inputs/outputs. (I have a mixer w/ a built-in interface) Another option would be to get a portable recorder - but then you're limited in the time you can record.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

You can record out on the master 2 I believe.. Run a dual RCA into the 3.5 mm jack on your laptop. select input of jack to sound in, and use a free program like audacity to record the mix

I recorded loads of vinyl to my old desktop using the built in soundcard. The quality is fine.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

The Audio 4 soundcard is great fo rthis and can be had pretty affordably. Make sure you save in uncompressed wav format in case you need to make any tweaks after recording. I have always been a big fan of recording straight from the preamp instead of routing through a mixer. Hope this helps.

My vinyl recording setup for converting my whole collection was:
    SC35C Cartridge and Stylus
    Technics Headshell
    Stanton St-150
    Audio 4
    Recorded directly into Audition
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

^nice post count

Ok cheers guys

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    ^nice post count
    I liked 666 much better. Can not wait to hit the 1212 mark..... on december 12th.... 2012

Duck that was three years ago. DAMN IT!
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast