Traktor: ID3-Tags could not be read for Macintosh HD
    Tech Mentor

Default Traktor: ID3-Tags could not be read for Macintosh HD

I have the problem that Traktor does not analyze ID3-Tags of some of my tracks and has to reanalyze it when I want to play it. When I open a folder, a red blinking "ID-3 Tags could not be read for Macintosh HD/..../ The cue-points get lost and the ID3 information as well. It only occurs to some tracks and I don't understand why that is. It's about 1/5th of the tracks that I have edited recently.
    Any idea if i have to change some settings?

Tech Mentor

Fixed that issue with a cosistency check report and told traktor where to find the mp3s. However, it is still indicating could not read ID-3 Tags in some cases.

I've had that occur on a few occasions and fixed it by re-encoding the offensive track. I'm guessing it's something corrupt in the tagging portion of the original file.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Mentor

Any idea what it could be in the tags? I mean I've solved the problem for the most important part. However, for example I synced up tracks with beatport and downloaded the cover and again, some synced tracks don't show the cover art, some do. Nothing too dramatic, but I'd still like to know why that is.

Are there any special characters in the tags?

Also check out:

http://mp3val.sourceforge.net/

I've found it to be extremely useful.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

Just figured out Traktor is only indicating that mp3 error when I browse through the folders where the files are stored. In the Track collection, everything is fine. In the folders, Traktor is unable to sort the files that could not be read. In the track collection, everything is sorted perfectly, including those files that were arranged incorrectly when I browse through the folders.