Native Instruments Plug-in not showing up in Ableton
    Tech Wizard

Default Native Instruments Plug-in not showing up in Ableton

Hi,

I'm experienced a problem, I just bought FM8, Massive and Rounds from Native instruments... I've installed them just as I was told by NI, Rounds works through Reaktor in Ableton but Massive and FM8 aren't showing up in the Plug-in bar. Would it possible be because of the new OS X El Capitan update or is it that they haven't been installed correctly? The Help would be very useful because I am needing to use these softwares!
    Please help and if you have a solution, please help me!
    MacBook Pro 15" | Traktor Pro 2 | Ableton Live 9 | Traktor Kontrol S4 MK2 | MIDI Fighter 3D | Ableton Push | V-Moda Crossfade M-100 | Bose 901
    We are mortal while we are seeking what we love. When you've found what you love, that is when you achieve Immortality.
    - Supported by River Accorsi -

Yes AU plugins do not yet work on El capitan, though the VST version(if installed) should show up. Otherwise you'd have to search for the files (AU and VST) manually and drag them to the folder where ableton looks for VST's/change the path of your VST's inside Ableton.
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Native Instruments currently warns all users against upgrading to OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) due to major compatibility issues concerning KOMPLETE, MASCHINE and TRAKTOR products. The following two major issues have been identified:

Validation of AU (Audio Units) Plug-ins Fails in Logic Pro X

All Native Instruments Audio Units plug-ins will not pass the AU validation and therefore will not be available in Logic Pro X under OS X 10.11. The root cause of this issue has been identified and a workaround is still being developed in close contact with Apple. We will keep you updated on any developments regarding this issue.
    If they fail in Logic, seems to me like they might not work in Ableton either.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou View Post
    Yes AU plugins do not yet work on El capitan, though the VST version(if installed) should show up. Otherwise you'd have to search for the files (AU and VST) manually and drag them to the folder where ableton looks for VST's/change the path of your VST's inside Ableton.
    I'm not using a custom folder, and I've tried routing a custom folder to read the system VST folder in my user library, however it still doesn't read the Plug-ins, and all the VST Files are there.
    MacBook Pro 15" | Traktor Pro 2 | Ableton Live 9 | Traktor Kontrol S4 MK2 | MIDI Fighter 3D | Ableton Push | V-Moda Crossfade M-100 | Bose 901
    We are mortal while we are seeking what we love. When you've found what you love, that is when you achieve Immortality.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou View Post

Never mind... they didn't show up in the "Local" folder in the plug in tab, but they showed up in the "Custom" tab!!!
    Thanks everything works!

Actually this sounds really crazy... Why on earth AU wouldn't work with an Apple major update?

I just bought a MBP and then I realize that there are many issues by owning an Apple product in order to make music.