I know I posted this on the Native Instruments forum, but I need Help! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

I am using traktor 3 LE, i guess I am going to have to work an extra door shift this weekend at the bar i work at to spring for the PRO.

Tech Mentor

You shouldn't need Pro for that set up, but getting it anyway isn't a terrible idea.
    I'm not good at things, but I like to pretend I am.
    :Project-Segfault:

Tech Wizard

ok done some more research on m-audio's website.

on the front turn the mix knob all the way to the right. thats if you havent already tried but this only works with output 3/4 selected in pref's. Hmmm this is an odd one. see how that goes first
    Gear --> MBP 15" 2.53Ghz 500Gb 7200rpm HDD 4Gb RAM | DDM 4000 | UMX 25 | AK1 | AL7.18 | Traktor Pro 1.2.4

Tech Convert

No luck, I just tried that as you said to with 3/4 selected for my monitor, and i tried that with the a/b button on the fast track both depressed and released, also messed with both mix and and the output knobs and it still seems to have something to do with either the fact that I don't get enough channels for the options in the soundcard output routing or that the cue buttons don't seem to do anything. Thanks for the suggestion though I am willing to try anything to get this thing working

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Wait... if you have SPDIF 3+4 and your headphones are plugged into the headphone port won't that not work?

Don't you need to set the Headphone channels as the monitor out?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

I can hear the music through the headphones no problem, I can change the sides which side I hear, all that jazz. What doesn't seem to do anything is the cue button on the VCI, if it is engaged or not, the sound still comes out of the speakers.

I am really confused by this:

Quote Originally Posted by mghanco View Post
    What doesn't seem to do anything is the cue button on the VCI, if it is engaged or not, the sound still comes out of the speakers.
    Are you trying to get the cue button to change the sound coming out of the speakers?

Also, is your Cue Mix set all the way to the left or the right. If it's set all the way to the right then you are only going to get the master output, not the preview.

And, in the pictures you put up, your master out is 3/4 and your monitor is 1/2. Wasn't sure if that's what you wanted.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by mghanco View Post
    I can hear the music through the headphones no problem, I can change the sides which side I hear, all that jazz. What doesn't seem to do anything is the cue button on the VCI, if it is engaged or not, the sound still comes out of the speakers.
    Well that's how cueing works dude. Turn down the channel fader or crossfader so you can't hear anything out of the speakers then hit the cue button and you should hear it in your headphones. When you hit cue on any mixer or program it won't stop sending audio to the speakers.

Tech Convert

I know, I know how cueing works, and I know the mix knob is set all the way to the right so that my headphone outputs are only getting what i send to them, it seems like everyone is gettin crazy frustrated with this, which is what i have been experiencing for a month, but it seems to me there is something wrong with the mapping or some sort of bug i guess I am going to have to fix. I am going to try removing all the software, reinstalling and seeing what I can get from that. after all this sluething I am greatful all of you have halped me do it just has to be something wrong with those specific buttons

I think I'm just really confused as to what you want.

If the mix knob is pulled all the way to the right then it doesn't matter what cue buttons are activated. All that will happen is you'll get the master output.

If, when you press the Cue button on the VCI and the Cue lights up on the mixer then there's nothing wrong with the VCI, nor the mapping. If there's a problem it's in Traktor but I don't think that there is an issue.

If your mix knob is all the way to the right then it will mirror exactly what's coming out of the speakers. If you turn it all the way to the left it will play whatever is set to Cue. If when you press the Cue button on the VCI the Cue button in Traktor doesn't light up then your mapping is wrong and that needs to be corrected.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast