I know I posted this on the Native Instruments forum, but I need Help!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default I know I posted this on the Native Instruments forum, but I need Help!

I still haven't been able to get my vci-100 working and its been over a month.

I have the ASIO drivers installed and on in traktor for my M- audio Fastrack pro. the fasttrack pro and the vci are plugged into the usb ports on my computer.

I have Traktor 3 LE installed and everything seems to be working as far as software goes.

I have the mixer set to internal and I have analog outputs 1 + 2 set to the master output. I have the SPDIF 3 + 4 outputs set to monitor. the master and monitor options are the only two options I have when the traktor software is set to internal mixing. My only suspicion is that the mapping of my vci is different/wrong?

I am using AV cables running from the M - audio Fastrack pro to my stereo's auxillary AV port. I have my headphones plugged into the front hadphone jack on the fastrack pro.

My problem is that when i play tracks I can't cue them up at all. The cue button doesn't seem to do anything, when i play a track regardless of whether the cue button is engaged or not it plays out of the speakers. The headphones seem to be acting as another set of speakers because nothing is different between the sound that comes out of the speakers and the headphones. I can control the headphones volume on the fast track and mess around with the a/b button and output knob which all seem to be working.

Tech Wizard

so are the any other available outputs. Im not familiar with ur soundcard but usually the headphone output is linked with another pair of outputs or has its own. Is there a 3+4 output other than the spdif? the spdif wont work
    Gear --> MBP 15" 2.53Ghz 500Gb 7200rpm HDD 4Gb RAM | DDM 4000 | UMX 25 | AK1 | AL7.18 | Traktor Pro 1.2.4

Thjis is probably too obvious but I'll ask anyway, are you using the right cue button? The cue button on the decks is not the cue button to listen in your headphones. You need to use the cue button in the middle section.

Anyway this is probably the issue- it doesn't sound like you have the headphones routed right; SPDIF is digital out, that's not going to work with your headphones. You need to set the headphone/monitor channel to whatever the headphone jack on the soundcard is, it definitely isn't SPDIF. I don't know if that card is even capable of what you want.

Tech Convert

I assume the soundcard works with the vci-100, I am not sure of the compatibility with my computer but the soundcard was recommended by ean for use with the vci-100 in something somewhere i read/watched (possibly the soundcard video on youtube).

Those four (two analog, and the two spdif) outputs are currently the only outputs I have the option of using with the m-audio fast track in traktor 3 LE. I will try another set of asio drivers or something from the native instruments site for now.

and yes I know the cue point buttons at the bottom are not for beatmatching and previewing and the like.

Thanks for your replies, the hunt continues...

Tech Wizard

just looked at ur soundcard. Um i think that the a/b switch on the headphone out corresponds with 1+2=A & 3+4=B. Also the monitor output in traktor i believe is actually for booth monitors. Is there a headphone out in traktor? @ work atm so i can't go check.
    Gear --> MBP 15" 2.53Ghz 500Gb 7200rpm HDD 4Gb RAM | DDM 4000 | UMX 25 | AK1 | AL7.18 | Traktor Pro 1.2.4

Tech Convert

There isn't a headphone out in traktor 3 LE, i was wondering if it might be because it is LE, but that wouldn't make sense because than traktor 3 LE would be useless to everyone anyways.

In internal mixing I am only given the Monitor and Master output options with a mono option on Monitor, with external mixing I am given Output A, Output B, and Out Preview. The only problem with using this is that I still only have the 2 sound options, analog and Spdif, (with 2 options in each of those).

Included are the two screen shots of the mixer window in the traktor 3 le software, under the tree heading "output routing"

Monitor in traktor applies to headphones, your soundcard doesn't have enough analog channels to use headphones, sorry. You might be able to use a sound card merger (Macs come with an app to do this, there are free ones for windows) to merge that card with your internal laptop soundcard to get an extra channel to plug your headphones into your laptop for monitoring. Otherwise your other option is a better soundcard. Converting the digital out to analog to be able to use headphones seems like it would be more of a pain than the other two options.

Tech Convert

Not what I wanted to hear, but ok i guess if you say so. I just don't understand how there could be a dedicated headphone jack on the audio card but it doesn't allow me to use that as a dedicated output. I didn't by any means think I was going the cheap route on my audio card, but I guess this one comes up short, so glad I bought it on ebay from a place with no returns.

Tech Convert

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/FastTrackPro.html

this is my audio card, you guys are sure? no good? i mean i re-read the description and what you said just doesn't seem right but then again I am a noob in all senses of the phrase so I gotta take someone else word for it

Quote Originally Posted by mghanco View Post
    Not what I wanted to hear, but ok i guess if you say so. I just don't understand how there could be a dedicated headphone jack on the audio card but it doesn't allow me to use that as a dedicated output. I didn't by any means think I was going the cheap route on my audio card, but I guess this one comes up short, so glad I bought it on ebay from a place with no returns.
    Some good news, I looked up the soundcard and you should be able to have 4 analog output by hitting a switch on the card. You probably have SPDIF selected for channel 3 and 4 and you just need to select headphones or whatever. If the button on the card isn't right you won't get the right options showing up in traktor.

Here is a full tutorial for setting it up with traktor pro

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3411

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast