Aux Eq?

Thread: Aux Eq?

Default Aux Eq?

What does the aux eq do on my xone 32 mixer lol. When i use it nothing happens :O!

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

My guess would be that it's EQ for an auxiliary signal, like a microphone, or a sampler
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

i just had a look at the picture, do you mean the 3 Aux knobs at the top of the unit ?

They look like gain knobs to me

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    i just had a look at the picture, do you mean the 3 Aux knobs at the top of the unit ?

They look like gain knobs to me

yeah thats them. The ones above the hi eq's. The gain knobs are on the rear of the unit. still not sure what they do, there is an aux input in the mixer, could if have something to do with this?

I should check the bottom of my Xone...A&H seem to have a penchant for sticking buttons in obscure spots. :/

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Those definitely look like gain knobs. Putting them on the back doesn't seem to make much sense.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

It's your Post Fade Stereo Auxiliary Send
    so it's like a wet/dry for your sends, I think

Quote Originally Posted by Hippie View Post
    It's your Post Fade Stereo Auxiliary Send
    so it's like a wet/dry for your sends, I think
    +1... this knob is the amount of signal you want to send out of your mixer with the AUX OUT
    mintek on mixcloud | http://www.mixcloud.com/mintek/
    xone:92 | 2 x Kontrol X1 | 2 x cdj1000 mkII | pdx-2300 mkII pro | rp-dj 1200 | audio 8 dj | tsp 2.0.1 | live 8 suite | logic pro 9 | komplete 5

Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

yeah these are the Aux sends, although it is strange to put them in the place where gain would normally be.

The theory is I think that normally you would set the gain to give you a nice strong input signal and then leave it alone, using the fader to control the actual volume coming out. So because (again in theory) you would only use the gain control once while setting up then leave it alone they have put it on the back face to save a bit of space for other things on the main surface.

In this case they have decided to put the Aux sends in that now free space. Their job is to act as a second volume for when you want to send a copy of that channel out of the mixer, could be for sending it to a separate effects unit (in which case you would return it into the mixer again once it had been through the separate unit and the effect was added) or maybe to send it to a recording device or to a second 'zone' of the sound system.

k