Identity Stolen

Thread: Identity Stolen

Tech Wizard

Default Identity Stolen

I run a tastemakers page on Soundcloud, Facebook, and Instagram that is finally gaining traction and getting likes shares ect. We have a very unique name "Inderlesent" which I word I made up years ago to describe things. Someone has gone and created a Soundcloud page with the exact same name and added a 1 after it for the url. They have copied everything the name, the slogan, the likes, reposts, follows, who they follow. EVERYTHING.

two days ago if you goolged Inderlesent our stuff was the entire first page now we are the first link and they are the second.

I have messaged this person as well as contacted soundcloud but Im not holding my breath on a response from either. Has anyone else had to deal with something like this?

Thanks for reading.

Do you currently hold a DBA or Trademark with the name?

If so, send them a formal cease and desist. It looks like soundcloud has removed them. Hope all goes well.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Wizard

No I do not currently hold the Trademark, I am in the process which is why this worries me. I dont want this to effect our chances of a trademark.

It won't bruv. You should def get a DBA as well.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Wizard

Yea I agree, I didn't think with only having 1500 followers it would be worth copying me but oh have I been proven wrong.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jayjak View Post
    Yea I agree, I didn't think with only having 1500 followers it would be worth copying me but oh have I been proven wrong.
    1500 real followers today is a big thing unfortunately lol
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Wizard

That's pretty strange.... have you tried contacting Soundcloud or the other platforms directly? Still not sure if the copiers are doing anything wrong though technically so it's kind of a grey area...

Tech Wizard

Yea I did contact soundcloud but have not heard back nor do I really expect to. You are right in the fact that what they are doing is definitely a grey area, I went ahead and messaged all of the Fake pages followers and now he only has 4 people still following his account and Im pretty sure those are either spam accounts or people who don't log on often. Im just chocking this one up as a learning experience, if its worth copying its worth continuing to do.

Unfortunately it's not an issue Soundcloud needs to attend to. I doubt you'll hear anything back.

Tech Wizard

Exactly, once I hold copyright then they might kinda care a little, but until then no.