Touch Dj for Iphone
    Tech Guru

Default Touch Dj for Iphone

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/...ing-app-226936
    Actually just looks nice, just wish they had a cueing function, maybe they could develop one that could stream the cue via wifi or bluetooth.
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Tech Convert

You can add a cue marker and set a loop. There is a bit of a lag, so setting either while a track is playing is tough. Also, the lack of BPM really sucks considering there is no audio cueing. It was a MAJOR oversight not to atleast display the BPM saved in the mp3 tag. Overall it's a fun little app, but quite difficult to hold a steady beatmatch on. Maybe that will change after I've been playing with it for a while. Playing with it makes me crave a device like the Pacemaker! It is fun to have a little portable dj unit.

G=-,
    -夏嘉瑞
    -
    www.garysaville.net

Tech Wizard

The beatmatching sounds quite bad. I can beatmatch on traktor (or almost any dj software out) without listening to the music lol. Will someone ever just use this at a club? lol
    Electro House

[Podcast] Adrian P : Bangin' On Ya System

Subscribe!

Tech Wizard

If you want your mixes to sound good, you can purchase a headphone stereo splitter for very little money, and utilize the split mode that is already built into the app. Works great, allows you to cue the track without it being played out of the master. All you need is an external speaker to plug into.

Sorry, but you have to take the app for what it is. A dj setup on your phone. If anything, the lack of bpm readings, which requires you to beatmatch manually, should help keep your true beatmatching skills finely tuned. Expecting to be able to beatmatch using only visual cues is a recipe for disaster.
    DJ Setup: Traktor Pro 1.2, VCI-100 SE, Audio Kontrol 1, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro, Dell Inspiron E1505
    Other: MC-909, MC-505, Ableton Live 8, Reason 3, ReCycle 2, Traktor DJ Studio 3, BCD2000, Yamaha KX25, Radium 49, Korg nanoKONTROL
    Check out my tech-house mix on Soundcloud: Trickin' Out Tha Bird

Even more similar full-frontal twodecksandamixer DJ apps are on on their way it seems.

A couple of buddies of mine are waiting on Apple to approve their own Sonorasaurus, and it looks like it's in good company with this and the handful of others I've been hearing about.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by PartyMcFly View Post
    Even more similar full-frontal twodecksandamixer DJ apps are on on their way it seems.

A couple of buddies of mine are waiting on Apple to approve their own Sonorasaurus, and it looks like it's in good company with this and the handful of others I've been hearing about.
    I considered waiting for Sonorasaurus. However, the big drawback imo is that in their first release they don't even have plans to support split cue/master like Touch DJ does. They say it will come in a later release. That's a deal killer. With Touch DJ for $5 I was able to purchase a splitter and increase the functionality of the app tenfold. Combine that w/ the fact that as far as I have seen there is no visual representation of the music, and it essentially means that until they come out with an update that allows you to split the signal you will always be forced to mix using audio only on the master channel. It is always going to sound like a mess in the beginning, and I sure hope you can dial in the bpm and the phrasing quick.
    DJ Setup: Traktor Pro 1.2, VCI-100 SE, Audio Kontrol 1, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro, Dell Inspiron E1505
    Other: MC-909, MC-505, Ableton Live 8, Reason 3, ReCycle 2, Traktor DJ Studio 3, BCD2000, Yamaha KX25, Radium 49, Korg nanoKONTROL
    Check out my tech-house mix on Soundcloud: Trickin' Out Tha Bird

Yeah, I had a quick go on Sonorosaurus at a bar one night, and it's a bit to wrap your head around. Or ears, really.

The guys were rocking on it for a good half hour or so over the bar's system, but I see more value in it as a practice tool for beatmatching or to kill some time on the bus. More fun than Tetris if you're a DJ. Actually, that's how I see pretty much all of these tune-mixing apps.

I'll also not-so-slyly mention that Apple done went and approved it today. Wonder which of these is going to catch on first.