Pioneer XDJ-RX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pioneer XDJ-RX

Tech Convert

Default Pioneer XDJ-RX

Purchased one of these not long after they were released, absolutely love it!

How big of a difference is there in this set-up compared to your standard club set-up i.e pioneers cdj 2000's and a 900 mixer... I know the xdj is obviously lacking extra features, but what I'm really trying to ask is will having one of these at home have you ready to play at a club using there 2000's and 900 mixer? It runs of rekordbox and the layout seems to be pretty similar... Is it missing anything that might throw you off when you arrive at a club?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJR View Post
    Purchased one of these not long after they were released, absolutely love it!

How big of a difference is there in this set-up compared to your standard club set-up i.e pioneers cdj 2000's and a 900 mixer... I know the xdj is obviously lacking extra features, but what I'm really trying to ask is will having one of these at home have you ready to play at a club using there 2000's and 900 mixer? It runs of rekordbox and the layout seems to be pretty similar... Is it missing anything that might throw you off when you arrive at a club?
    As far as I can tell, its just missing features like you said, everything else the same, but bigger. Ive been debating on getting this myself here

Same have one and have used 2000s lots and felt right at home

Tech Mentor

I'm thinking of upgrading from my S4...this is exactly what I'm looking at.
    Are they really as amazing as everyone says? If I do go with it, should I keep the S4?
    Also I feel like for an extra $1000 I can get a used cdj's 2000's and 900 mixer....thoughts?
    I really want something new.

Well the only thing that takes bit or da faq looking is don't stare at waveforms as they don't scroll same speed unless syncs on which is weird

Quote Originally Posted by ZxZDeViLZxZ View Post
    Well the only thing that takes bit or da faq looking is don't stare at waveforms as they don't scroll same speed unless syncs on which is weird
    Probably because the speed at which the waveforms move is dependent on the pitch fader (instead of stretching/compressing the waveform and moving it at the same speed all the time). If I remember correctly, that's how Virtual DJ does it's waveforms.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

I went from a CDJ 2000 & DJM 800 set up to the XDJ-RX and as much as I loved the 2000s, the RX is a terrific bit of kit. I don't honestly miss anything from the CDJ set up, certainly not for home use.

If you're using the RX at home, it's an easy transition to a CDJ/DJM set up in a club/bar environment.
    Equipment: 2x CDJ 2000s // Kontrol Z2 // 2x KRK Rokit 5s // Maschine MkII // Scarlett 2i2

Soundcloud Twitter Facebook

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DeanOakley View Post
    I went from a CDJ 2000 & DJM 800 set up to the XDJ-RX and as much as I loved the 2000s, the RX is a terrific bit of kit. I don't honestly miss anything from the CDJ set up, certainly not for home use.

If you're using the RX at home, it's an easy transition to a CDJ/DJM set up in a club/bar environment.
    Awesome! thats what I wanted to hear. I pretty sold but might wait a few more months.
    Hopefully they release a 4 channel or MK2.
    Hate to buy one and they release a newer unit.

If they release a 4 channel version, I will be all over it!
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

I have cdj2000's and DJM900 as my portable setup. I have also used traktor and serato.

I absolutely prefer the rekordbox/USB key workflow. USB + headphones and I'm off to the club. When I'm done with my gig my headphones and USB go in my jacket pocket and I am socializing easily and without worry. No screens and nice connection with the punters.

To answer your question, the RX should give you the experience you need to DJ in the club. Though, forget hotcues and use memory points. Don't SYNC. CDJ workflow is basically setting a cue point. Pressing cue to the beat and finally clicking play when ready and in the phrase you want to transition at. Push the platter to dial in the beat for a match. You can do this on any gear with cue, play, and a platter.

A great thing about the RX is you can set memory points in recordbox, and practice on the RX. Then, when hitting the CDJs at a club, export your songs to USB. You won't have all those fancy pads and whatnot, but they are not needed at all. I would never rely on hot cues. Most CDJ's don't have hot cues. They all have memory points. You need to get used to calling them up on CDJ's.

Lastly, get used to using different mixers. Most clubs have DJM, but some don't. They are all pretty simple, but when you are on stage with 100's of people you don't want extra complexity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast