CDJ 900 Nexus HID and Traktor

Default CDJ 900 Nexus HID and Traktor

Set Up

OSX 10.10.3
    Traktor 2.10.0 13
    2 CDJ 900 Nexus, Firmware 1.22

Hey folks,

I am having trouble finding ANY information on troubleshooting this issue. The NI website says there should be an "Advanced HID" option in the Utility screen on the CDJ 900 Nexus, and that the XDJ-1000 is automatically set in Advanced HID mode. I don't have that option in Utility screen on my CDJs. Is the 900NXS automatically in Advanced HID mode as well? The platters aren't working properly. They are controlling the D/W knob on the effects and the track I'm playing at the same time. Very annoying. Any suggestions are appreciated!

- ReJam

I think CDJ900 nexus doesn't have a regular/advanced hid option in the utility screen so you can say that it always in advanced hid mode. Support for it has been added in the 2.8 version of Traktor.

Do you only have problems with the platter? Everything else works?
    Try setting the midi channel in Utility screen of the CDJ-900nexus to some other channel (I think the default is 1) - you may have a mapping in Traktor for some other controller that's picking up a midi message from the CDJ. Changing the midi channel won't/shouldn't affect HID communication between CDJ and Traktor.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

That totally fixed it. Awesome man, thanks! Could you explain it in a little more detail so I understand why that worked? I dunno why another mapping would affect the CDJ functions. I'm new to messing around with multiple controllers and mappings. Thanks again!

HAve you tried running Traktor in 32 bit mode to see if it makes a difference?
    Live rig: Denon Prime (5000M's)
    Retired: Denon x1700, Denon SC3900's, Traktor, Technics SL1200's, my vinyl
    Wish list: Some Roland Aira stuff.