Finally pulled the trigger on something new.

Default Finally pulled the trigger on something new.

Well, after using Live for the past 2 years I have been dying to move to something more traditional. I want to go back to mixing on 2 decks but I also would LOVE to learn how to play on TTs as well. I have spent many nights the last few weeks staring at my shopping cart online with my finger hovering over the ORDER NOW button on 2 CDJ2000 nexus and a DJM900 Nexus. I think I finally made a compromise that I think makes sense.

Tonight I pulled the trigger on a Pioneer DDJ-SZ. Looks like its time to learn serato. I figured this gives me the layout of the club standard CDJs and learning serato also gives me the ability to one day buy some turntables and learn that. Still at a fraction of the price of the CDJ2000s and the DJM.

All in all I loved the past 2 years playing with Live, a bunch of controllers and finger drumming with my MFP but something inside me longed for 2 decks and a mixer. Time to lock myself in my room and learn serato, just when I REALLY started to feel comfortable with Live...

Congrats! You're in for some fun! (and probably a bit of frustration )
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Tech Guru

Less is more, congrats.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    Congrats! You're in for some fun! (and probably a bit of frustration )
    Ironically I thought a lot about the frustration part. I thought back to 2 years ago when I didnt know how to use live at all and how frustrated I was but then I remembered that everything is learnable so I just needed to do it. After watching a few demos on Serato, Its MUCH more straight forward then trying to use Live to perform with when you have zero production background. So I actually expect this to go a lot smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
    Less is more, congrats.
    I agree, Only thing Im going to Miss (and dont plan on selling) is my MFP. Everything else is up for sale.

Tight man let me borrow it thanks

Schalenberg

Is this one of the standalone controllers? I'm always confused by all the models. I've got dibs on it after kwal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    Tight man let me borrow it thanks
    Fa Sho!

Quote Originally Posted by Schalenberg View Post
    Is this one of the standalone controllers? I'm always confused by all the models. I've got dibs on it after kwal.
    Yea, It is their flagship controller. Its the exact same size as 2 CDJ2000s and DJM900 and is set up very similar to it only it also has the 8 pads on each side.