[Tech House] Chael - Incoming (Original mix) feedback wanted
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Chael - Incoming (Original mix) feedback wanted

hey guys, i figure I'm at the point with this track where i need some fresh, unbiased ears on it so let me know what you think with any good or bad feedback - I'm a big boy i can take it. Thanks to all that take the time out to give it a listen

Last edited by Chael; 11-05-2015 at 10:52 AM.

It is ironic the track is titled 'Incoming', but I was waiting and waiting and nothing seem to arrive. It sounds like you 'stay in your lane' and 'drive the speed limit'...in other words, you 'play it way too safe'. I get that this is a 'minimal' track, but throw me a bone every and then. You overuse the 'white noise' transition effect. It would be good to have a 'variation in the theme'. I feel you hitting a brick wall and just keep hitting it. There is a good solid foundation, but expand outside the comfort zone. There has got to be something in your toolkit that you can use to disrupt the 'status quo'. Keep it coming.

Edit your track on Soundcloud to allow it to be playable when embedded.

That's strange for some reason it doesn't want to link it to the track, I will have a look once I get in on the laptop, my soundcloud has been having abit of a hissy fit this week

go to permissions and see if you have "allow playback" turned on

edit/ it looks like its happening to everyone actually
    Last edited by Kwal; 11-05-2015 at 03:02 PM.

I like the song a lot.. My only critique really would be with your arrangement after the first drop going into the second break... You bring in the cymbals and they sound good, but personally I would slow it down before the second break comes and give the track some breathing room and just let the kick/bass(same way it came in @ 1:00) do the work for a solid 32 bars before going into the next break(from 3:34-break)... I feel like it would do the track some good and prevent the listeners ears from fatiguing from the same sounds. That's a personal preference though because it's sounding good none the less.

Cheers
    Last edited by Kwal; 11-06-2015 at 09:16 AM.

Thanks for the input, to be honest i have thought the same since giving this bounce some listening on various sound systems this week, it all seems too sudden after that first break, i have some time this weekend set aside to sit down, tweek things and have a play around with that section of the track

Quote Originally Posted by Chael View Post
    Thanks for the input, to be honest i have thought the same since giving this bounce some listening on various sound systems this week, it all seems too sudden after that first break, i have some time this weekend set aside to sit down, tweek things and have a play around with that section of the track
    i dont consider the early intro area a break.. to me the first break comes in @ 2:01 just so we're both on the same page lol. after that break it comes in fine with the cymbals pumping. but i'd say for the last 32 bars there before break #2 @ 4:05 you could let the kick+bass take over to let it get groovy again before going back into the cymbals for the next drop

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    i dont consider the early intro area a break.. to me the first break comes in @ 2:01 just so we're both on the same page lol. after that break it comes in fine with the cymbals pumping. but i'd say for the last 32 bars there before break #2 @ 4:05 you could let the kick+bass take over to let it get groovy again before going back into the cymbals for the next drop

I hear you man, when i said break i was meaning the first breakdown, just a difference in terminology is all but i know exactly where you mean

Very cool track for sure!!! I'd play it. The second half needs something to change it up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast