MIDI stops working but AUDIO continues
    Tech Wizard

Default MIDI stops working but AUDIO continues

At a few gigs recently, the controller stopped sending MIDI control messages to Traktor but the audio kept playing from the soundcard on the vci-400. I had to power cycle the controller to get it to begin working again, stopping the music in the club. Anyone have this happen before or know how to fix?

This is happened to me more times than I can count. I have yet to find a permanent fix. But in those situations I make sure to have my My iPhone plugged in to an 1/8" to RCA audio cable and routed through deck D. Audio will still play when you turn the controller off or even shut Traktor down. Is long as you have a standalone audio firmware updated

My first check there would be to check audio settings. Then, check there's nothing else inhibiting the control to the computer - power saving, screensaver etc.
    The extra audio source is always a good idea.
    What computer/software you using?
    Any extra controllers?
    Any other glitches?
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Tech Wizard

My solution to this ended up being an NI Audio 2 DJ MKII soundcard (one of the newer ones) and just using the VCI-400 to control. I have had 0 problems with sound & control ever since whereas I was having frequent drop outs of one or the other almost daily. I wish I had done this much earlier, would've saved me a bunch of headaches and disasters at gigs. After updating my MAC OSX to El Capitan, the VCI-400 also began to give me digital crackles as did my original NI Audio 2 DJ (not MK2 version) soundcard after awhile. Native Instruments tech support replied about this that they can no longer stand behind the stability of the older soundcard and new versions of OSX, basically forcing me to get the new version of the sound card. My hunch is that the same thing was happening with the VCI-400 soundcard and OSX, and Vestax is obviously not updating anything anymore since they're out of business.

Default fix for me

I had this issue, I had USB dropouts, followed instructions, connected to a different usb port and presto! Hope its as simple for you. good luck.