Internal and external mixing at the same time in traktor?
    Tech Wizard

Default Internal and external mixing at the same time in traktor?

Hey all I have a question. I am running traktor scratch pro 2 with a pair of stantons and a vestax mixer through an audio 6. I was wondering if there was a way to run that setup but also use my numark mixtrack to run decks c and d. I know the tables would have to be external and the mixtrack internal I just don't know if it's possible to set it up...

You can still use the internal eq's & filters while in external mode, so yep, no problem. note that the volume faders and crossfader is disabled in this mode. my mixer does not have kill buttons so i use the internal kills via my X1's to do that
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    You can still use the internal eq's & filters while in external mode, so yep, no problem. note that the volume faders and crossfader is disabled in this mode. my mixer does not have kill buttons so i use the internal kills via my X1's to do that
    I was just about to say he can't do it

How can you get the output of traktor to go both to audio 6 and numark mixtrack at the same time?
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Mentor

with jack pilote & ableton or others + a tips unoficial for timecodes
    A&H Xone2D & 1D+Djm800+BST PR 4,5 (x3)+ M-Jam + mac
    https://soundcloud.com/dj-wo-k
    https://www.facebook.com/dj.wo.k

Just use the mixtrack as a controller running through outputs 5 & 6 (front) on the audio 6. You will only get one extra deck this way however you can combine the outputs of deck C & D (i do this for my remix decks) and run through a channel on your mixer.
    For example in my setup i run decks A & B in external mode and mix of my denon, but also use my x1's for eq kills, decks C & D i have combined the outputs and use my MIDI fighters to launch clips etc of another channel on my mixer, leaving one channel free.
    I would also recommend if you do this to leave the internal mixer showing in traktor so you know whats up with the eq's mate.
    Last edited by Jester; 11-11-2015 at 02:39 AM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Well I got it working with the mixtrack running C and D using the master out on the front of the Audio6 like Jester suggested and spliced it to my master out of the Vestax so all sound goes into the sound system. I remapped the mixtracks volume faders to decks C and D gain so I can use the volume faders on it. The EQ works on both decks as well. Still have a few more things to map out so it all works right. Thank you for all the replies all!!!! I tried to upload a pic but im getting an error.....

try again

Tech Wizard

Sorry jester still get an error when trying to upload from my laptop. The setup needs to be cleaned up anyways first lol.

Tech Mentor

copie and past Traktor.app in another folder and open the 2 app one with audio6 +one with mixtrack
    A&H Xone2D & 1D+Djm800+BST PR 4,5 (x3)+ M-Jam + mac
    https://soundcloud.com/dj-wo-k
    https://www.facebook.com/dj.wo.k