Ditching Traktor, going back to Serato
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ditching Traktor, going back to Serato

Hi all,

Was just interested in your thoughts, I am considering buying a DJM S9, selling my Z2 and going back to Serato. I am finding I am not using Traktor to it's fullest and it feels a bit more suited to playing fixed tempo music. I like to play all sorts of stuff and Serato just feels a bit more suited to that.

Or am I missing something? Anyone else in a similar boat?

6ft x

Schalenberg

It's all preference. If you like Serato, that S9 is a nice excuse to switch back over to it.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 6ft Stereo View Post
    I am finding I am not using Traktor to it's fullest and it feels a bit more suited to playing fixed tempo music. I like to play all sorts of stuff and Serato just feels a bit more suited to that.
    Makes sense.

use whatever you feel most comfy with bruv. no bias here
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Any reason why you wouldn't want to just buy an SL box for Serato and keep the Z2 (other than native mappings)? Seems like an easy way to save about $1000.

I like to play all sorts of stuff and Serato just feels a bit more suited to that.
    I don't know what this means?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

why not have the option for both?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Tech Wizard

One thing I've found about Traktor that doesn't suit me is that the tempo adjustment isn't fine enough... Unless I'm missing something. I like the Pioneer mixers as they stay on the .1 decimal point.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsyEntz View Post
    One thing I've found about Traktor that doesn't suit me is that the tempo adjustment isn't fine enough... Unless I'm missing something. I like the Pioneer mixers as they stay on the .1 decimal point.
    Not a Traktor thing.
    The tempo resolution depends of how good resolution are the pitch faders on your controller.

DJM S-9's are taking an age to come to the UK, so still playing off Traktor, however, I found a little nugget by accident. There isn't a good way of getting your recorded tracks with ID3's to Serato, but if you drag them into itunes, then open Serato and find them, if you double click the name and press return, you get the artist name and album name autofilled and that helps with finding which recording is which, so all you have to do is enter the track name... Still a bit of a pain, but better than having to find them all manually.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast