Started a new blog!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Started a new blog!

- Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Hi - this is just me but I'm not a fan of any website that throws up a pop-up that tries to take your email address (or anything else) on first visit

If it won't cancel on clicking away from it I won't even look at the site (I never click on the 'X' button to close)

I know lots of sites do this but it's an immediate big turnoff for me, especially a site I've never been to before
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000
    facebook.com/djanedalton / and my DJ alter-ego, The Imperatrixx

Quote Originally Posted by Jane View Post
    Hi - this is just me but I'm not a fan of any website that throws up a pop-up that tries to take your email address (or anything else) on first visit

If it won't cancel on clicking away from it I won't even look at the site (I never click on the 'X' button to close)

I know lots of sites do this but it's an immediate big turnoff for me, especially a site I've never been to before
    I highly suggest you look into a browser extension called "Ublock Origin"

If you still browse the web without using an ad blocker extension in 2015 then I really feel sorry for you (not you personally, but everyone in general)

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    I highly suggest you look into a browser extension called "Ublock Origin"

If you still browse the web without using an ad blocker extension in 2015 then I really feel sorry for you (not you personally, but everyone in general)
    I use AdBlocker on Safari
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000

Quote Originally Posted by Jane View Post
    I use AdBlocker on Safari
    lol use the one i specified. most of the adblocks sell out and aren't totally effective.

i got no ads clicking on his blog

e/ looks like origin isnt available for safari.. ublock is still much better than adblock
    Last edited by Kwal; 11-18-2015 at 11:56 AM.

What was the dialog box? Do you have a screenshot? I dont want anything popping up for anyone.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

I turned off my ad blocker and refreshed like 10 times and got no ads like that. weird.

I think I found the issue. The mailing list popup comes up if you scroll all the way to the bottom. I removed it from both the main and mobile versions.

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    I think I found the issue. The mailing list popup comes up if you scroll all the way to the bottom. I removed it from both the main and mobile versions.
    Hiya and yes, that's sorted it - the Mailing List (it wasn't an ad Kwal, sorry I didn't explain it clearer) doesn't do the pop-up now when I visit and is still visible down in the footer.

Much better thanks I much prefer that, gives me a chance to look at the site and checks it's contents before I consider subscribing for an email list.

I've subscribed too so you can check if it works ok
    Last edited by Jane; 11-18-2015 at 12:57 PM.

Cool. Thank you so much for the support. Our first e-mail will be going out with the re-launch of the record label.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast