looking for some help with my Traktor F1

Default looking for some help with my Traktor F1

Hey,
    I just created my account to ask for some assistance, I figured this is most likely the best place to be !
    I have been trying to use my Kontrol F1 as a drum pad like in this video

However I can not figure out how to have two pads in the same column play at the same time when I press them.
    Like if I have one as a buildup and hold it down, then press one under it, the first one cuts off and only plays the second one.
    Im not really sure what to google so maybe somebody here can help me.
    Thanks !

Tech Wizard

are you using the F1 in Midi mode or in the default setting? the F1 can only play one cell at a time in each row, like you are experiencing. it might work in midi mode (hold down shift while pressing the browse button) but that's all the knowledge i have on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by riddmkidd View Post
    are you using the F1 in Midi mode or in the default setting? the F1 can only play one cell at a time in each row, like you are experiencing. it might work in midi mode (hold down shift while pressing the browse button) but that's all the knowledge i have on the subject.
    I am using it in the default mode.
    I see many youtube videos of it being used in what looks like default but I am not exactly sure how to get it to operate the way I see it being used.
    Like this one !

I was hoping there was some sort of little thing in the settings I have been missing this whole time.

Yeah, unfortunately, only one cell at a time per column. This might change if NI decides to integrate Maschine with Traktor but who knows if/when/how..

Hey Xeledon, now after watching a little bit of the video, I think Zach is actually using the F1 in midi mode with an Ableton drum rack.

Okay, thanks guys!
    Looks like Im getting Ableton !