Oxygen 8 + VCI-100 Mappings... together! Can anyone help?

Default Oxygen 8 + VCI-100 Mappings... together! Can anyone help?

Yo midi fighters!

I've come up with a crazy way (in my head) of using the oxygen 8 and the VCI together (both DJTT mappings..) - Can anyone much cleverer than myself tell me i'm a stupid bastard for thinking something like that could work? Or even better, can anyone help me achieve this?
    I've read about TSI mergers etc etc - but I'm on a Mac so that looks pretty out of the question... Any chance anyone on a PC could merge the files for me? or would that simply not work... I'd be happy to tweak a merged file (for hours) but i need something to work with...

It may mean I could use VCI in fader and juggle modes (pretty permanently) and use transports off the oxygen, plus the slicer (perhaps) and the delay freeze etc... Possibilities are endless!

Other than that - this is a kinda general comment about merging TSI files on macs.. It would be nice to know if it would work.

Thoughts would be awesome

Tech Convert

Hi belch if you already find a solution to that could you give me a Hand!!

I hava an oxygen 25 and a vci 100.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eddi Dantes View Post
    Hi belch if you already find a solution to that could you give me a Hand!!

I hava an oxygen 25 and a vci 100.

Thanks
    There are 2 problems about merging TSI files.. firstly both controllers send the same midi messages for different functions (ie CC messages) and also, the merger widget only works on PC. I think the best way around it would be to manually remap the oxygen alongside the VCI - which i havn't been arsed to do yet, as I can't carry both controllers to gigs anyway!

If you're good at mapping, give it a go. To be honest, you might even want to totally remap the oxygen alongside the DJTT mapping of the VCI, as a lot of the commands are duplicated, and therefore buttons are wasted.. make better use of the controls?

cant you just add both tsi's and select the ports they work on in traktor?
    Traktor pro 1.2.4, Behringer bcd 3000, kontrol x1, DJTT midifighter, audio 4, hd-25's, Korg nanopad(for sale, pm for details), Sony Vaio vista 3gb dual core, 250 HD

Tech Guru

Yes,
    Traktor after 1.2 accepts multiple TSIs imported for multiple controllers...
    I just don't know how to make, but a lot of people at SCS forums ask the same questions and this is the answer.

Tech Convert

@belch :Well I'm not good at all with mappings , Im learning how to do it, that's why Im asking every person that could help me. Cause the Oxy25 look really nice and I'll really want to give it a try before quiting.

@ V-Hoff: Well I have Traktor 1.2.1 is possible isn't ??

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by belchman View Post
    Yo midi fighters!

I've come up with a crazy way (in my head) of using the oxygen 8 and the VCI together (both DJTT mappings..) - Can anyone much cleverer than myself tell me i'm a stupid bastard for thinking something like that could work? Or even better, can anyone help me achieve this?
    I've read about TSI mergers etc etc - but I'm on a Mac so that looks pretty out of the question... Any chance anyone on a PC could merge the files for me? or would that simply not work... I'd be happy to tweak a merged file (for hours) but i need something to work with...

It may mean I could use VCI in fader and juggle modes (pretty permanently) and use transports off the oxygen, plus the slicer (perhaps) and the delay freeze etc... Possibilities are endless!

Other than that - this is a kinda general comment about merging TSI files on macs.. It would be nice to know if it would work.

Thoughts would be awesome
    Maybe there's something I'm not catching.

You dont need to merge mappings, just create a new controller for the oxgyen and that's it. You can have the same overlapping functions on both controllers...

I have the vci and a nanopad, and they share some overlapping functions.

oh, i think i must have written that post before they allowed you to select different ports.. i havn't tried this yet simply as i'm playing out a lot more now, and my gear tends to live in the bag.

I'm really tempted to get something smaller though to control effects with the oxygen.. what about nanokontrol? would that do the job? (OT but what the hell, we're on similar lines.. )

Tech Guru

I'm really thinking about the nano kontrol...
    I mix internaly only with the oxygen and its impossible to do some complex mixing without more knobs.
    Better then nanokontrol would be a BCR-2000, but it's not a compact piece, and you alredy have the VCI-100 right?
    I think a nanokontrol would fit you well...

Tech Convert

YEahh!! . Is solved

The Big Problem was with the Ports(In und Out). And well I don't know If you can add another tsi right there for the Oxygen 25. but The Mapping from Ean doesnt work for me. so Now let's start working on some nice Mapping's !!
    First I wanted to buy the Nano kontrol or the Akai lpd 8 but since the Oxy 25 have more buttons/keys/knobs and stuff. I think I'll gonna keep it!

Thanks guys.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    Oxygen 25 !!
    Vci-100 .
    Sony MDR-V700
    Echo Indigo DJ.