A question from a beginner !
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A question from a beginner !

OKay so, I've bought a Traktor S2 MK2, a pair of headphones and I'm very passionate about mixing and stuff, but the only thing I have to make sure is that : Since I live in a small apartment and playing loud music at night is not really possible. I'm wondering if I can mix only on my headphones, without speakers (which I don't even have).. Okay what should I do ? Pleaaaaaaase !

Tech Wizard

Of course you can mix only on your headphones... Just keep in mind, the purpose of having those headphones as a dj, is so you can CUE up your track and audition/beatmatch the track before the crowd has a chance to hear it coming out your main monitors. This happens when you press the CUE button on your mixer with your channel fader all the way down. When you bring that fader up, the sound will come out of your main speakers (which you don't have plugged in). At that point, once you've mixed the track in, you will disengage the CUE button.
    I recommend recording your mixes in traktor and listening back to them. Look up recording your mix on youtube if you don't know how.

Sweet ! So that will be good thank you very much I'm also learning many new things and tricks on youtube and especially here on this website, and from you guys..

Tech Guru

You can perfectly mix without speakers, just choose between hearing individual channels or the master channel when you need.

If loud sound is a problem, take a look at this: http://thesubpac.com/ , I have it and I like it.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

that subpac is a mental idea. ill have to test one, good for mixing on the road..

noticed you are based in brazil. im heading there 20 dec, going to rio and sao paulo, which clubs you recommend for techno and house,underground stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
    You can perfectly mix without speakers, just choose between hearing individual channels or the master channel when you need.

If loud sound is a problem, take a look at this: http://thesubpac.com/ , I have it and I like it.
    Carl Cox - "Big, big sounds & fresh talent. I can guarantee you would of danced to an Underlord track before the end of summer”
    Supported by Carl Cox, Laurent Garnier, Claude von Stroke, Eats Everything
    Mixmag Hot 6
    http://www.underlord.uk

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by what44 View Post
    that subpac is a mental idea. ill have to test one, good for mixing on the road..

noticed you are based in brazil. im heading there 20 dec, going to rio and sao paulo, which clubs you recommend for techno and house,underground stuff?
    I don't know about Rio sorry, I live in São Paulo, so I recommend you D-Edge (best one), Clash Club and Club 33. Just take a look at the websites before choosing where to go, things get pretty crazy at the end of the year, so you might find unwanted mainstream stuff.

ps: D-Edge will play anything that is underground, and Clash Club & Club 33 will play a lot of G-House.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

What is G-House?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    What is G-House?
    Deep house with vocals from 90's and 00's rap songs. Crazy, I know.....
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

SO Hip House got a new name.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    SO Hip House got a new name.
    My country my rules

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast