Is there any way to make loops stay active when using hotcues in traktor?
    Tech Mentor

Default Is there any way to make loops stay active when using hotcues in traktor?

Hey there,

I've tried googling this issue, I would really appreciate some help on this topic since I really need this feature coming from Serato DJ (I'm not planning from switching over to traktor permanently, but I'd like to be able to play on traktor from time to time since I have a Z2 and a serato Box )

Thanks in advance

Tech Wizard

same deck? different deck?

you can hotcue loops if thats what you mean?

pretty sure no software leaves a loop running after you've hotcued out of it

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Parsons7 View Post
    same deck? different deck?

you can hotcue loops if thats what you mean?

pretty sure no software leaves a loop running after you've hotcued out of it
    Any deck really, there is a difference between having a loop running (meaning the playhead moves inside the loop) and a loop staying active (when the playhead is somewhere outside of the looped area). For some reason Traktor deactivates the loop whenever you touch a hotcue while serato doesn't. Serato's loops stay active, that means if you hotcue to a section 4 beats before the loop occurs it will play the 4 beats and then loop the song while traktor won't.

Where is Stewe's mapping magic to solve this issue. Does this issue occur in flux mode? Im not near home right now, but some experimentation is in order.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    Where is Stewe's mapping magic to solve this issue. Does this issue occur in flux mode? Im not near home right now, but some experimentation is in order.
    yep, it even happens when using flux mode. I do lots of highly complicated routines in Serato, and having to reset a loop everytime I use a hotcue slows me down tremendously

I really think it's stupid for traktor to automatically turn off my loops unless I do so myself

Have you tried mappint the Loop Active function to each of the hotcue buttons? This will reactivatee the previously selected loop each time you hit the hotcue. I believe you can even set a modifier to only happen while track is looping.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Mentor

Hi,with beatslicer you can record a loop to your track &cuing as you want on the same deck
    A&H Xone2D & 1D+Djm800+BST PR 4,5 (x3)+ M-Jam + mac
    https://soundcloud.com/dj-wo-k
    https://www.facebook.com/dj.wo.k

Tech Wizard

As I recall, it used to do this (2.6.8 or so, when i released my Lemur template)... but this behavior was deemed a bug and fixed around 2.9

I preferred the 'bug' behavior myself, but there was an issue where you could skip ahead of the current loop with a hot cue, and then if you tried to make a loop where the play head was traktor was getting confused
    Traxus Interactive Webiste (Lemur template download here)
    Traxus Interactive on Facebook (Most up to date news here)

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    Have you tried mappint the Loop Active function to each of the hotcue buttons? This will reactivatee the previously selected loop each time you hit the hotcue. I believe you can even set a modifier to only happen while track is looping.
    Bingo. That should do the trick! Keep the Loop Active function on if you wish to trigger those stored hot loops in your tracks.

As for the mapping option:
    Add In > Deck Common > Loop > Loop Active