using Novation Dicers with Torq 1.0.7 - is it possible?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default using Novation Dicers with Torq 1.0.7 - is it possible?

I can see that within Torq it recognizes the Dicers but I cant make them do anything. Cant assign nothing.
    Seems like this piece of hardware is not native to the program. I've googled around and read a bunch about other people being able to use it but ZERO about how to actually setup everything.

Ran across "Francis Wiermann - Dicer Mapping for Avid Torq 2 v0.8beta" a hundred times, but I cant figure out how or where to even load that into my older version of Torq.

Any help? Advice from other digital DJ's?

I dont want to get rid of these Dicers, but I simply dont think they work with Torq v1.5 or Torq 1.0.7

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nikon View Post
    I can see that within Torq it recognizes the Dicers but I cant make them do anything. Cant assign nothing.
    Screen Shot Novation Dicers RECOGNIZED in Torq.jpg

any ideas??

Tech Mentor

As clever (& in many ways ahead of it time) as Torq was, i'd recommend retiring this old unsupported software.

I think i tried running an old install of it on my mac a few months ago, & it wouldn't even start on a recent version of OSX.

Time to let it go, if you ask me.
    Cheers

IAN WILLIAMS

Torq v1 didn't have MIDI mapping. It had a very basic MIDI learn function, but I can't remember if it would "save" anything that you learned to a controller.
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

Tech Convert

true that and thanks for the responses both you (and hey NLT!)
    ive read there are ways to hack Traktor and make that work with this setup....so ive been thinkin that maybe my next move. Mess around with the reg and switch software.

If it works, great and ifnot then is what it is and time to def retire Torq.
    Its fun for what it is but super limited no doubt.

Figured this would be a decent place to ask around just incase before i decided to either ditch the hard/software all together or dump the dicers. Havent gotten the chance to give the Dicers a good go yet, so didnt wanna go that route.

Cheers for the heads up and thoughts by all means

Grab yourself a copy of Torq 1.5 or 2.0 there are a lot of improvements. Although it's been discontinued since 2012! Such a shame.

Not sure if the dicers will work as they came out after the latest version. But 1.0.7 is an old version of Torq.

They might work on 1.5 or 2.0 though. You can midi assign by right clicking and then moving/pressing the button etc

Hope that helps.

Peace
    Macbook Pro 2011, Pioneer DJM 750mk2, 2xTechnics SL-1200mk2, Dicers, Ortofon Concorde Scratch,
    Yamaha HS50M & HS10W, Sennheiser Amperior w/Custom Cans wrapped cable.
    Torq 2.0.3, Traktor 2.81 Rekordbox 5.2
    http://www.thankphat.com

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Will M.D View Post
    Grab yourself a copy of Torq 1.5 or 2.0 there are a lot of improvements. Although it's been discontinued since 2012! Such a shame.

Not sure if the dicers will work as they came out after the latest version. But 1.0.7 is an old version of Torq.

They might work on 1.5 or 2.0 though. You can midi assign by right clicking and then moving/pressing the button etc

Hope that helps.

Peace
    funny thing is, for Whatever reason, the soundcard doesnt like the other versions.
    I tried the latest update and no dice, itd work then a handful of songs in it would fritz on itself and wanna crash
    i downgraded, and it was a lil less shaky, downgraded again and BAM noooo issues flawless. weird, eh?

im gunna try that "6 to 8" regedit-hack for Torq-2-Traktor....see if that does any good and theeeen i shouldnt have any issues at all. If not, then I'll prolly have to ditch Torq simply put. Cant barely find control vinyls for it even anymore or if you do, seems everyone wants to charge $50+++

Tech Mentor

You might quite enjoy using mixxx as a replacement for torq (at least to try out the dicers), there are a lot of new features put into the 2.0 release.
    It's open source (free software).

http://mixxx.org/download/
    http://www.mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/novation_dicer
    Xone DB4 | Pioneer DDJ-SP1 | DJ Tech CDJ 101 (x2) | Serato DJ
    NI X1 MKII | NI Scratch A6 | MF Twister | Traktor Pro 2
    Sennheiser HD 25 II | KRK Rokit 5 (x2) | Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
    Mixed In Key 8 | MusicBrainz Picard | Mixxx 2

Tech Mentor

In which aspects was Torq ahead? Just curious

How are mappings handled in Torq? Maybe you need to create a script? Some older DJ software used to not have direct mapping (no click & assign mapping), but you actually had to write a .txt file using the softwares mapping language.

It was a major pita, but it worked.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast