Mapping question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Mapping question

Hi there,

Sorry, this should probably go in the relevant forum but it seems to forget that I'm logged in when I go there.

I just wanted to know, is there a way to map a device in Traktor so that I can toggle the jog wheels on and off? Essentially I'm using the fairly awful Hercules Mk 2 console (hoping to graduate to a Vestax when I have the money) and it's quite cramped. I don't want to accidentally brush the jog wheels and screw everything up when I'm playing. If i could manually toggle them to be locked or unlocked it would mean I could still use them but not have to worry about knocking them when I'm playing.

I know you'll tell me not to use such rubbish equipment, but it's what I've got and I can't really afford anything better at the moment. Hope someone can help.

Cheers,

MightySeven

you can maybe have a "SHIFT" button (done with modifier) & set your jog for acting only when shift is pressed....
    mintek on mixcloud | http://www.mixcloud.com/mintek/
    xone:92 | 2 x Kontrol X1 | 2 x cdj1000 mkII | pdx-2300 mkII pro | rp-dj 1200 | audio 8 dj | tsp 2.0.1 | live 8 suite | logic pro 9 | komplete 5

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Yeah, what you do is map the jog wheels to seek through a track only when M1=1 or whatever, and set a button to set m1 to 1.

Then when that button isn't pressed nothing will happen.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

Yeah that seems to have worked. Brilliant, thanks for your help.

Strange that there doesn't seem to be an option to toggle modifiers on and off? Bit of an oversight surely, given that you can toggle loads of other stuff?

Cheers,

Mighty Seven

Tech Convert

Oh, I'm being a bit thick.

If I just set separate modifier commands that are reliant on the modifier value, I can program my own toggle. Duh!

Thanks so much for your help guys. Really pointed me in the right direction!

Cheers,

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MightySeven View Post
    Strange that there doesn't seem to be an option to toggle modifiers on and off? Bit of an oversight surely, given that you can toggle loads of other stuff?
    THIS, in older traktor pro I could set a modifier to toggle on/off when pressed, in the new traktor pro I cant find an option for it? Its a pain having to hold down the shift button all the time.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by quuz View Post
    THIS, in older traktor pro I could set a modifier to toggle on/off when pressed, in the new traktor pro I cant find an option for it? Its a pain having to hold down the shift button all the time.
    You have to program it youself. I had two commands for each input, one which required the value to be 1 and if the button was pressed set the value to 0 and another that required the value to be 0 and when it was pressed it set the value to 1.

You can even do it with the outputs, which is what I did to make sure the LED was on when the toggle was activated. It's dirty programming in the software, but it works beautifully on the controller.

Cheers,

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by henryangti View Post
    Wow, very lovely picture. I will use this cards as my backgroung in my blog.
    Lol @ spambot.

Default Re: Mapping question

Why not just set the jog wheels to cdj mode?
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast