Latest Track

Thread: Latest Track

Default Latest Track

Nearly finished, thought i would come to djtt and get your opinions

comments you name it

http://soundcloud.com/ciar2001/make-it

nice track

i'm not into deep house but this sounds good

Hey, nice job man. Very clean sound. My personal opinion after the first listen is that I loved the groove of the snare, very classic sounding bass line and the synths, specially on the semitone, gives is a classy feel. Also the kind of wah sounding effect is pretty cool. The only thing I am missing and this is just personal opinion (You know music is very personal) is a bit more texture, I donīt know the right way to express this but the way your track sound its a bit on the 90s sound.

So its Ableton correct?

I am listening on my Technics headphones which have an excess of dynamics on the bass side so the kick drum is kicking hard (maybe too much even considering my headphones).

Excelent job mate!

Well we haven't finished doing anything like reverb or echo, as for the sound not sure it's 90's having recently listened to some old tunes they don't even sound that different to new tunes

we are doing it all in Logic 8 and the bass is actually a proper one played on a bass guitar, will check the kick again and see what we can do with that, but we both enjoy a proper kick lol..

cheers for all the comments, when you say texture could you kind of give me an idea what you mean, like do you mean effects or something else?

Its hard to express in words what do you feel when listening to a track, but those were my first thoughts. And I totally agree that tracks havenīt change much, music ideas are very much the same. But texture for me is one of the biggest changes, or what makes a huge difference. Texture for me is the extra around the instruments that make the track have a certain feel. For instance for me, the wah effect you got in your track is part of its texture.
    Donīt get me wrong, your track is very good the bass is sounding awesome and the sound quality is excellent.

Yes we are missing reverb and echo that's for sure, we haven't finished that side of it yet, will be adding those in the next session and probably trying to make the bass itself sound deeper too as we think it's slightly lacking, yes the wah effect is just a hugely filtered keyboard riff that we slowly changed to where it is now, and the small sounds in the background again filtered a seperate set of percussion to give us that sound underneath the main percussion and kick

appreciate all feedback mate helps me make changes, going to rework the other track along the lines of this one and then make one more, after that it will be released!

the way me and my friend works is interesting he is a qualified sound engineer and I have been into house for years and as you know mix it, so i give him the ideas and structure and we put it together, it's comments i get in feedback which helps us both finalise tracks

once the first EP is done expect more.