Life After Technics 1210s?
    Tech Convert

Default Life After Technics 1210s?

Hi,

I miss my vinyl and now that Technics are no longer in production, I was wondering what people are going for from new? What is set to take the place of Technics in a new era of vinyl?

I know that there is a large second hand market for Technics but is it time to move on and if so, what too?

Thanks

I am confused by your statement...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

I'd still rock second hand technics that are in decent shape. The new Pio's seem pretty good. Lots of other higher-end decks out there as well for the DJ crowd. STR8-150's might do the trick.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

I love all hanpin turntables, but if I had to pick just one out of all of em, it would be the str8-150.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    I love all hanpin turntables, but if I had to pick just one out of all of em, it would be the str8-150.
    +1 on the Stanton 150s. things are built like tanks and provide quite the workout (about 35 lbs. per, w/o cases).

If you're not looking for reconditioned Technics I'm really loving my RP-7000s - have a few nice extras like reverse, variable torque and extended pitch range, an extra start/stop button, plus they can connect straight into the Line inputs on a mixer rather than needing to be grounded ( but they don't do the power-down trick I think because of this)

http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2014/08...-dj-turntable/

Bit cheaper too than the new Pioneers
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000
    facebook.com/djanedalton / and my DJ alter-ego, The Imperatrixx

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    I am confused by your statement...
    With the resurgence of vinyl, my own desire to go back to vinyl as the primary source of music and the fact that a large number of top DJs use vinyl - as Technics are no longer in production, surely there must be a turntable in production to take over the reins as the industry standard?

Or do you think with the size of the technics secondary market that they will remain industry standard?

Just wondering what your thoughts on this are and opinions on which turntable is set to take over?

Thanks for the comments on the STR8-1590. Any opinions on the Audio Technica LP1240?

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    I'd still rock second hand technics that are in decent shape. The new Pio's seem pretty good. Lots of other higher-end decks out there as well for the DJ crowd. STR8-150's might do the trick.
    The PLXs are nothing to write home about.

A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

yah down with pios overpriced underwhelmers....

stick to techs or the reloops as second place.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

On the other hand, Pioneer are one of the few turntables that have a traditional signal path direct from cartridge to output (without the signal, even with phono selected instead of line level, going through the pcb board resulting in a loss of treble output) - that's why they are a solid but expensive choice for home use if you've got a lot of real vinyl.

I would also choose Reloops based on several reviews and personal opinions I have read.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2