Please Help. how 2 use vci100 + nano pad together
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Please Help. how 2 use vci100 + nano pad together

Can anyone tell me how to use my vci 100 along with a nano pad. I am using the DJTT mapping for the vci but cant get the nano pad to work with it (I havent mangaged to get the nano pad to do aanything yet) Do i need to merge tsi files? An article on using more than 1 bit of gear at the same time would be awesome!

Anyone?

if ure using traktor pro 1.1 first u have to know what channels or cc notes the the vci is using from there u can use the nanopad editor to select different channels and cc notes from the vci as not to have midi clashes. after that and go and map out what functions u want with for your nanopad and export out the tsi file. next go to traktorbible.com and get the traktor tools application from the site and merge (which is one of the functions of the traktor tools) your vci tsi with the nanopad tsi which u mapped and export out and you will get the combined tsi for both merged.

but if ure using 1.2 u can assign diiferent controls separately and map the midi map out separately

Tech Convert

i am using 1.2. I tried merging Eans Nano Juggler tsi with the VCI100 tsi but it didn't seem to work. For some reason The Nano Juggler patch will not even work alone even before merge. Also, do i have to do anything with the Korg Nano editor software to make it work?

Thanks for the reply!

i guess ians tsi channels are different from your nano pads in that case u have to find out what channels they are and edit your nanopads using your editor but then ians nano tsi comes with the editor file right?mif it does then import that file to the editor and u have to write the scene to your nanopad so that the tsi channels and notes are the same as your nanopad

Tech Mentor

You have to create a new controller for the nano pad.

Then it's just a matter of configuring each command to the notes of the pads, and the cc of the xy controller. One cc for the x axis, another for the y axis, and another when you touch release the xy controller.

You can change the note/cc the nano pad sends in the korg utility for the nano series.

I'm using the nanopad for lanunching hotcues, and also manipulatin effects, just like the we will rock you demo of Ean.

Tech Convert

Pier, Thanks for the reply, are you using the nanopad along with a vci100 DJTT mapping? if so, would you be willing to share the tsi? That would be much appreciated. I am new to all the MIDI mappings etc, i cant seem to find a straight forward guide on how to map things out.. if you know of any, please link me.

Thanks for the help!!

Tech Mentor

Hey oricson.

It's very simple really. I'm not using the djtt mapping, I took the defaults vci mappings that came with traktor, and then created a new mapping for the nano pad.

Plug your nanopad. Open traktor.

Traktor preferences > Controller Manager > add.

Select the nanopad in the list that comes up.

Now you have a blank controller.

Now if you know what a midi note is, and a cc (controller message) is, you just have to associate the note or cc that the nanopad launches to a traktor function. If you don't know check wikipedia, or a midi introduction.

Open the korg utility. If you don't have it you can download it form the korg website, or from the cd that came with the nano pad. In it you can see which notes are configured to which pad, and also the CCs. You can also edit those if you want to change them, then write the modifications to the nanopad to take effect.

So, basically to create a new mapping in your blank nanopad device in traktor:

1) make sure you've selected you nanopad in the device menu in controller manager

2) push the button "add in..."

3) select the function you want to use. like play, stop, etc.

4) Now you have that function but it's not associated with the midi that comes from the nano. So now you can do it in 2 different ways.

5a) Or you use the "learn" function, which maps automatically the selected traktor function with with any incoming midi signal. If you use this remember to disable learn once you've assigned your note or cc.

5b) Or you know which note or cc you want to use and select it in the list in channel 1.

For example you want to map the note C1 (I think it's the default for the first pad top left) with a stop button.

Or for example you want to map a cc message from the xy pad to an effect volume.

6) repeat each step for creating new mapping.

Yeah it's that simple...

One tip: the xy controller sends 3 different midi messages, so it's better if you don't use the learn function with it. Just look in the korg utility which axis is which message, and do it manually.

Any doubt just ask

Tech Convert

thanks for the reply, will this not conflict with the other mapping? is it possible to have 2 seperate controllers doing the same function on different MIDI notes?

Tech Mentor

No problem. Traktor knows which message is coming from which controller.

Hey, question:

How do u add new nanopad scenes on traktor? Do different scenes have different notes?

Thanx!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast