iOS DJ Apps
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iOS DJ Apps

Default iOS DJ Apps

With the introduction of the DJay Pro app, I must say that Algoriddim has outdone themselves with this App.It has outpast the likes of Traktor and Cross DJ for iPad.
    I would like to see Ean do a comparison on iPad DJ Apps.
    Whats your thought, has IOS DJ Apps slowly catching up to its desktop counterparts.

You've tried it?

What's better?

Tried it out. It's pretty nice.
    Can't figure out why Algoriddim is so against a simple vinyl/pitch bend button like Cross DJ has.
    How many people scratch on their iPad?
    So i'm forced to use these tiny little buttons to pitch bend when I have a huge screen with waveforms scrolling.
    Just add the pitch bend mode like Cross DJ has and this will be the leader/

Into the future:
    Aside from the pitch bend issue, they did a great job with the GUI.
    Would be nice to have a fully scalable modular interface.
    Where you could add or subtract any control modules from the GUI.
    There's a lot of buttons I don't need on my screen.
    Last edited by loverocket; 12-12-2015 at 04:31 PM.

I also tried it and love it, they did a great job especially with the GUI, wish the other Apps could take note.

i don't use ios devices as my main mobile platform, but i really like this app... it's not so expensive, we get many features and possibilities known from our desktop software... i love that x y fx pad and quality... using it with apple watch is quite confortable. i'm waiting for similar android apps

Only one DJ app has midi mapping on iOS. That is DJ Player, which also has a horrible UI.

While many of the available applications support midi controllers designed for iOS, pretty much all of the controllers are very Fisher Price and intended for teenaged bedroom DJs to spin on. Traktor DJ is the only exception to that by being compatible with Traktor controllers but nothing else...

Can we have midi learn/midi mapping please?

this doesn't seem at all "Fisher Price and intended for teenaged bedroom DJs"

Reloop Beatpad
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    this doesn't seem at all "Fisher Price and intended for teenaged bedroom DJs"
    That one app that has a highly polished interface, rock solid performance, great song brower, Spotify integration (meh) and the one app I could genuinely enjoy ditching the laptop for 99% of gigs is also the one that only has support for no controllers worth mentioning (with the ONLY exception of the Beatpad).

With the new version having 4k mixing capability it could be a real contender for integrating visuals with DJ sets but won't be until they get midi mapping which probably wont happen.

Software is "ready" ... sadly missing mappings for the hardware thats available.
    Last edited by deevey; 12-15-2015 at 05:45 AM.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I take back the Part about "has support for no controllers worth mentioning".

While midi mapping is not present within the iOS app, you CAN however create your mapping with the desktop version and import it via itunes to the iOS app! ... a not highly publicized workaround which is the most awesome "feature"

Read on to the end of the thread for the (simple) solution to configure any controller, with no hacks required.

Been playing around with my VCI100 mk2 and its solid as hell

http://community.algoriddim.com/algo..._learn_on_ipad
    Last edited by deevey; 12-22-2015 at 09:40 AM.

^ thats what i like to hear. gonna give it a go on my vci arcade. thanks for the heads up.

to add to the thread, I've been using the app "dj player" with my vci-100 arcade for the past year or so. While I do like the app, my overall experience has been so-so. It seems that my mapping gets screwed with every time I update the app, which is fairly often. So lately I haven't been using it because last I updated it, my mapping went to shit and I am too lazy to remap it. So it looks like ill have to give djay pro a try.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast