Trying to pick a (relatively) cheap mixer/audio interface
    Tech Wizard

Default Trying to pick a (relatively) cheap mixer/audio interface

I'm trying to pick an audio interface to go along with the CMD controllers. I have a MM-1 as the main, so I don't have an audio interface tied to my current setup at all right now. So far I've been gearing towards getting an offhand Focusrite Saffire 6, but my interest has been piqued in mini mixers lately, since that would let me basically have an offboard mixer (which is always handy ) in addition to my setup. What I'm looking for is something with maybe a single mic in, a line in, ofc a usb in, pfl's on all three, and a booth and headphone output along with the mains.

The closest thing I can find form factor wise is A&H's ZEDi-8, but that thing's pricy and has more channels that I can justify. Does anyone know anything similar out there? I've looked at the Yamaha AG03/AG06, but those lack pfl's on the channels. There's behringer's Q502, but again lacks pfls and probably isn't the best in terms of quality. Alesis's Multimix is also interesting, but again no pfl's. If nothing is out there I'll probably shoot for a Saffire 6, but wondering if anyone ran a setup like I mentioned

Wouldn't a adding mini mixer negate any portability you gained with MM-1? You might as well go with a full blown standard 4ch mixer with internal interface (X1600, DB2/DB4, DJM-750/850/900) in my opinion.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Wizard

I figure that the Saffire 6 is already somewhat chunky enough in addition to the MM-1, I might be comfortable just running something slightly larger. The ZEDi-8 is way too big, more looking for something on the size of an AG03 or a Q502, but in doing some research some people are reporting some noise issues with them as well. Leaning a bit towards the Saffire 6, since the DAQ seems better, though have offline patching ability would be really nice.

A proper USB enabled mixer that sends MIDI and has a few aux channels would be ideal, but out of my price range, plus possibly heavier/bulkier than the MM-1 and a small interface I thought

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by ablahblah View Post

A proper USB enabled mixer that sends MIDI and has a few aux channels would be ideal, but out of my price range, plus possibly heavier/bulkier than the MM-1 and a small interface I thought
    American Audio MXR14 is a Midi Mixer, Analogue Mixer and 4x4 Soundcard and around $250.

You could possibly ditch the MM-1 altogether.