"Get into a music scene"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default "Get into a music scene"

Hi,
    I think I'm listening "seriously" for about 3 years to the electronic music gerne. Daft Punk brought me back into the scene Then I discoverd Justice and the Ed Banger Crew and I was overwhelmed by their sound. After some time I got to know to other lables and their artists like Kitsune or Institubes and Boys Noize or SMB. Through the Internet I had a really good overview of the releases via. blogs and myspace etc.. But I took me some time after I really felt that I was in the scence and was able to talk to others about it seriously.
    Same thing when I started to read US comics at first I was overwhelmed too by all the comics my local store offeres but know I have developed a proper view which label, artists or release I like and I feel really comfortable walking into a store: It's not like OMG how I'm a supposed to get the comic I want.

But here comes the difference:

For some time I listening more and more to electronic music from the techno/minimal genre. because "I'm kind of bored" from all the electro house, indie disco, fidget stuff. Same as I discoverd the other scene I feel overwhelmed again by the whole scene, but now after some time this effect is still there. There a soooo many different labels and types of this genre and they don't really destighuish from another by beeing techno or minimal for my ears like the genres I listened before! I really like this kind of genre and I'm listen to lot of releases atm. My family members are on the edge and they are already complaining about the monotone dun dun dun music I'm listening to
    It's not that I want to be part of a scene by knowing all releases etc. but I still feel new to it, is here anyone in the forum who has a good overview of the scene and likes to recommend some tracks or must knows? And do you have same experience like me that there is a moment where you can say: Yes know I know the scene and feel comfortable about it!

I hope you guys got me and my english is understandable
    I really excited to read about your experiences!

Check out the music blogs and maybe join a record pool.

Justice is amazing. So pumped for the next cd.

Tech Guru

yea even after listening to minimal and techno in general there is still a lot (majority) undiscovered/not understood by me. now for some minimal and studying!
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Anaheim Hills, CA, Lake Havasu, Az, & Las Vegas, Nv

Quote Originally Posted by jannick View Post
    artists like Kitsune
    Kitsune is actually a label full of artests / also a boutique , just a friendly FYI

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFastStephen View Post
    Kitsune is actually a label full of artests / also a boutique , just a friendly FYI
    but they also releasing a lot of music aren't they

Tech Guru

so no one asked but I thought I would throw this up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu_Btqk5-CU
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Anaheim Hills, CA, Lake Havasu, Az, & Las Vegas, Nv

Yea Id think there (Kitsune) most popular in the producer world for there remix contests for b-side on single releases. & the DJ world for there compilations.

(they have one of there artests do a 15 min mix of there upcoming compilation's for a sample before they come out, every time its such a sick mix, digitalism did one, if you like kistune find those mixes & take notes)

Tech Guru

digitalism is amazing. definitely going to look into kitsune more.

Tech Mentor

Haven't heared of them for long long time, they are playing a DJ set here in Hamburg on the 12. 12

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast