PoissonPilote Set Up - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Mentor elohyspoissonpilote's Avatar

Janurary 2016 to february 2018.
    Time is going quicly, 2 years already.
    Servicing, modding, restoring Mk2 for others have been my main support to make my set up evolve during this 2 years.PoissonPilote SetUp.jpg

Hi all !

This is last upgrade my set up, where my Play Differently Model One took place 2 weeks already.

Description of it in he third pictures.
    The pictures show my full set up at home.
    As you see, it allows me to switch in less than 30 seconds from my "Traktor/Ableton Full Digital Hybrid" set up^, to the "SL1200 Vinyl Analog or/and Timecode " set up.

Playing out, move with PC, Push 2, Xones K2, RME and Model One if playing Hybrid Digital set.
    Or playing vinyl set, move with MF Twister, Model One, NI Audio 4, PC and vinyl records box.

P_20180513_164857 (2).jpg
    P_20180513_164819.jpg
    PoissonPilote SetUp 13-05-2018.jpg

Wooh the Play Differently Model One is awesome ! But personnaly for 3.5K euros i prefer to buy a Rane MP2015 + RMX 1000 maybe i'm more into House Old School DJ
    (La Chinerie Festival X L'Appart Music )
    Pioneer CDJ900Nexus - Denon SC5000 PRIME - Allen & Heath Xone DB4 - Allen & Heath Xone K1 - Stanton ST150

https://soundcloud.com/nagra-house

Quote Originally Posted by Tellor01 View Post
    Wooh the Play Differently Model One is awesome ! But personnaly for 3.5K euros i prefer to buy a Rane MP2015 + RMX 1000 maybe i'm more into House Old School DJ
    Be an old skool house Dj's is more that suitable for put you hands on the Model One.
    As you saw in the picture, I have 2 version f my set up, digital hybrid (traktor+ableton) and vinyl set up.
    Wehn I use my vinyl set up, i manly play dub, deep house or some detroit house. Believe me, the sound of Mode One is incredibly good and the possibilit allowed by filtering , EQ and master filtering is giving your mix something you cannot get on othe rmixers at the moment. It finally giveme back more motivation to play vily more often than used before.
    But yes,3.5k. You would be surprised if I tell you that i can paid it with the money i won with servincg, repairing, restoring and modifiyng Technics SL 1200 from others djs in part of my free time.

With Traktor Pro 3 coming, my set up go to a new state.
    TP3 makes Timecode working with non certifed soundcards, allowing to use different devices than Native Instruments.
    Then , the high quality soundings n the routing capabilities and the preamp level capacities of the RME UFX soundacard make it suitable for running timecode with TP3.
    It allows me to simplified my set up with taking away my NI Audio 4, and run everything with the RME UFX.

I also took out the DJ Techtools MF Twister (I finally don't use it so much in live conditions) and then, allow me to cable everything on the computer USB ports, simplifying again the wires deal.

PoissonPilote SetUp 10-2018.jpg

Last updates to my set up:
    RME UFX has been replaced by Antelope Orion Studio.
    It allows me to use all channels of the Model One because the Orion has 16 analogic channel through DB25 connectors.
    So it allows me also to simplify the wiring configurations, especially whan I have to move it to gigs. I have now only two DB 25 connections beetween Orion and Model One.
    My Asus Laptop has been replaced by another Asus Laptop. Now I get I7 8750, 16go RAM, 500Go SSD and 2To HDD. 4 USB port wich allows me to avoid to use a usb external hub.
    PoissonPilote SetUp 04-2019.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123