PoissonPilote Set Up
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor elohyspoissonpilote's Avatar

Default PoissonPilote Set Up

Gear is:
    Asus Laptop upgraded with SSD, 8Go Ram, Intel I5, Win 10

Soundcards are Traktor Audio 8 for Traktor 4 deck set up and Komplete Audio 6 for Ableton Set Up

Controlers for Traktor are Traktor X1 and F1 (F1 have additionnal midi mappings in order to control the Deck C as a track deck in page Midi 1, and instant effects in midi page Shift))

Controler for Ableton is Push 1

1 Sl1200 MK2 completely genuine, no transformation or boosted pitch range or whatever.
    (The black one on the top of the furniture is not mine, belong to a friend who found it in a street garbage container. I'm trying to repair, restore and pimp it as new as possible).

Mixer is Allen & Heath Xone 62 , british builded version.
    4 channels for Traktor deck ABCD
    2 channels for ableton: 1 for the master, 1 both used for ableton Cue and/or Ableton effect return, coming to from Xone62 via the Aux send . (Allow me to put some effects from Ableton on Traktor channels.

Monitoring with Samson Servo 100 power unit and Bower & Wilkins Hi-fi Speakers + Jamo Bass Reflex sub( behind the booth furniture). ( KRK RP6 or 8 will come later)

Sennheiser HD25 (I got it since 20 years)

USB3 AC Powered Hub.

All cables are grouped into specific cablesnake color and number coded.
    1 audio snake for Traktor, 1 audio snake for Ableton, 1 Usb snake for sound card, 1 usb snake for controllers ==> win a lot of time in set up and un set up when moving gigs, go back home..

DSC_0004.JPGDSC_0005.JPGDSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG
    Attachment 26220
    Diapositive1.JPG

Full mix audio version here:http://soundcloud.com/poissonpilote/...ote-16-01-2016
    Last edited by elohyspoissonpilote; 04-02-2016 at 12:43 PM.

Nice. That is a really, REALLY nice set-up.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Thanks, i'm a little bit proud of it
    I see that you have a Zomo MC 1000. Tat's what i had just before buying the TK X1 and change my soundcard by NI audio 8.
    I was really satisfied of it. I began digital control mixing with it and it was a very good coltroller with such a good price (99€ ) for a 4 channels controller and soundcard. I keep it in case of.

The link for the mix is released with the Zomo (not use hte X1) and with APC40 MK2 (before Push came)
    Last edited by elohyspoissonpilote; 01-05-2016 at 07:14 AM.

Thats real pretty. Diggin it.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

I LOVE my MC-1000. Absolutely PERFECT companion for a 4-channel mixer.

I've thought a lot about what I'll replace it with if/when it breaks. I was seriously thinking about the X1 MK2 or the Pio DDJ-SB1, but, honestly, I think I'd get another MC-1000.

With the cost of them at the moment, I'm even considering buying one to keep as a spare!!!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I LOVE my MC-1000. Absolutely PERFECT companion for a 4-channel mixer.

I've thought a lot about what I'll replace it with if/when it breaks. I was seriously thinking about the X1 MK2 or the Pio DDJ-SB1, but, honestly, I think I'd get another MC-1000.

With the cost of them at the moment, I'm even considering buying one to keep as a spare!!!
    That's why a keep it. in case of.. :-). I think this controller have been a lot underestimated (wich maybe lower the price).
    Youcan find a maaping for using the 4 effect in single mode on the Dj techtools mapping under my name (Poisson Pilote) but maybe you saw it already. :-)

It is definitely the most under-rated controller out there. The designers deserve a medal. It is the perfect controller for Traktor - just add a 4-channel mixer and you've got the best of both worlds (hardware + software).

I'll check out your mapping, but to be honest, my own combined Dicer + MC-1000 mapping is tailored perfectly for my own use (I use Dicers for cue points - so that's freed up the buttons on the MC-1000 for my own use...)

Far from me to idea to think that my mapping is better than everything. It just answer to people who want to control the four effect units with the MC1000 and I was a newbie in mapping creation when i did this. If you're Ok with your settings, don't change anything (we use to say that "better " is sometime enemy from "good").
    Last edited by elohyspoissonpilote; 04-02-2016 at 12:45 PM.

That is what a true dream setup looks like... wow I'm jealous haha

nice setup! xone62 looks like a tank

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast