New Technics SL-1200G - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Yeah at this price it's marketed to the audiophile market where $10k and up turntables barely raise an eyebrow. This is not for DJs. I'm sure some big name clubs will get them -- they're only double the price of those inflated cdjs -- but most DJs will never play on these, nor should they bother.

This price is ridiculous. The improvements definitely do not justify the increase. Only thing I could imagine is trying to cover production costs of the first run by taking advantage of the niche market then decreasing after the initial production year.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    This price is ridiculous. The improvements definitely do not justify the increase. Only thing I could imagine is trying to cover production costs of the first run by taking advantage of the niche market then decreasing after the initial production year.
    I agree. The price will go down, would love to see a black edition

What I've read is that they are targeting the audiophile market, the same folks that will pay hundreds of dollars for a speaker cable... they really don't care about DJs. If they drop the price, then they kill their niche appeal. I don't think we'll see the price go down.

Quote Originally Posted by deathy View Post
    they really don't care about DJs.
    They don't, but Pioneer do. So good luck to the Technics in the conquest of hi-end audio market...

Pioneer don't care about those DJ's (like me) that haven't got any Pio 64-bit drivers for their hardware.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

Hopefully they bring out a version using a cheaper platter and body more in line with the original mk2's to cut the price.
    2x Technics sl 1200mk2, Vinyl, Shure m44-7, Xone 22, Audio Technica ATH M50X, Traktor A10, Maschine, Logic X, Ableton Live.

I can't be mad at Technics. This new deck probably performs as well as audiophile turntables in the 4k price range.
    Used Record Shopper

Quote Originally Posted by HighTopFade View Post
    I can't be mad at Technics. This new deck probably performs as well as audiophile turntables in the 4k price range.
    No question that M5Gs already perform better than most audiophile gear, at least according to basic specs for THD and flutter. I'm sure these will perform even better but how much do you really need? Obviously that's not a question most people willing to pay that much for a turntable will entertain, tho.

Tech Guru

well as nice as they look, my 15+ year old 1210mk2s are still working perfectly as they should...i wonder if the PLXs will last as long
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast