Migrating Traktor Using I-tunes Help
    Tech Wizard

Default Migrating Traktor Using I-tunes Help

G'day from Australia,
    I am purchasing a new laptop (pc) and am migrating my collection etc to that. I have seen a few tutorials but have an "extra" step I am taking so need any advice possible to make this as painless as possible.

As of now my music is all in folders etc but I want to migrate my music to I-tunes when I do the changeover... mostly so I can take advantage of smart playlists etc.

I realise that Traktor will find files in a "new" location by using the Relocate function. However, by switching my music to I-tunes are there extra steps I need to take or will the Relocate function work?

Thanks for your help,
    Coops

hi coops
    i just have my stuff in normal folders with in iTunes and some by themselves in a dedicated folder named to the genre,
    some people will say to "not to use iTunes" and some will say "to use iTunes".
    what ever's best for you really
    i use both methods,just remember to back up your library and playlists etc..
    I've had fun for weeks trying to find my playlists.
    hope this helps

ps the relocated does work well just do the usual and keep the files in roughly the same place

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by andy darcy View Post
    ps the relocated does work well just do the usual and keep the files in roughly the same place
    Thanks for the heads up... yeah I am quite obsessed with back ups.

So you think just import to I-tunes etc and then "Show in Collection" and run the consistency/relocate from there?

Coops

Look into iTunes plus it'll maybe make life easier I enjoy it and have recently figured out how to make it "not" recognize tracks which means it'll upload my source file which is awesome because means I can download my source file as opposed to a 256k m4a

I love iTunes. Just import all of your music to iTunes, make your playlists, open Traktor... It will ask you where to "get" your music from... this is usually automatic. You must import you iTunes playlists (open Traktor, click on iTunes node, right click on playlist, click on "import to playlists") into Traktor to take advantage of the full search functions.