Syncing Pioneer DJM 900 nexus fx,s to traktor S4

Question Syncing Pioneer DJM 900 nexus fx,s to traktor S4

Hi guy i am hoping someone on here can assist me?????
    I have a Traktor S4 set up with a djm900 nexus, I like to use Traktor in external mixer mode so i can use my DJM 900 for mixing The problem i am having is getting the fx to sync.
    What i want to happen is to play my tracks on my S4 then add fx using the mixer however the fx do not sync correctly like the did when i have my cdj2000 connected to it.
    I am not quite sure the correct way to set up midi clock.
    the mixer has midi out but not midi in and i guess i want midi in signal from Traktor.
    I have also read that i may need some extra hardware to make this work correctly.
    An easy way to explain it may be this... i start a basic 4 beat loop on deck 1 on Traktor I then start the roll effect on the mixer which should repeat the 4 beats and stay in time however it starts slipping out of sync very quickly
    where as on my cdjs this would sync perfectly until you stopped it yourself.
    If anyone can assist me in anyway i would be grateful Thanks in advance and happy new year
    Darren~B

Tech Mentor

it's not possible that I know of. Your best bet is to leave the DJM900 FX on Auto bpm detection, or manually tap it in yourself. You can try connecting the DJM900 thru USB, but I'm not sure if it will read BPM, as you noted there is no MIDI Input, only out

Quote Originally Posted by dsquareddan View Post
    it's not possible that I know of. Your best bet is to leave the DJM900 FX on Auto bpm detection, or manually tap it in yourself. You can try connecting the DJM900 thru USB, but I'm not sure if it will read BPM, as you noted there is no MIDI Input, only out
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darren1771 View Post
    Thanks
    Hi going to revive this post because I have been battling this same problem.... I finally found this post that is exactly the problem I have!

While I hear that there is no MIDI IN to receive from Traktor for the DJM900, I am not quite confident this should be causing the slipping issue...

If there is no MIDI IN, then what BPM is the Beat FX running the Roll/Trans effects in his example?
    If the track has a consistent BPM (lets say 128bpm for example) and the DJM900 Auto-BPM can detect this and therefore executes the Beat FX according to 128BPM, ....then shouldn't it stay in time??
    I should also state that I also do TAP mode to 128BPM and the effect also slips

How should having no MIDI IN be related?
    Is there a fix to correct the slipping?
    Anyone else experiencing this still and how to get around it?
    Last edited by rockdicasbah; 08-08-2019 at 01:20 AM.