I hate the new soundcloud. - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Tech Convert

Do you really need to download a mix though? Most people stream their mixes do they not?

That's where a lot of people I know are moving anyway, has some cool features, one in particular I liked is when you put up your tracklisting you can see who else has the same songs in their mixes as you and come across people playing out the same stuff in your area or elsewhere which could lead to some good networking for a DJ imo.

I'll be checking mixcloud out. I like to download mixes (preferably as podcasts) and listen to them on my ipod, so if I do use this, I hope I'll be able to embed an .rss and download link.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Do you really need to download a mix though? Most people stream their mixes do they not?

That's where a lot of people I know are moving anyway, has some cool features, one in particular I liked is when you put up your tracklisting you can see who else has the same songs in their mixes as you and come across people playing out the same stuff in your area or elsewhere which could lead to some good networking for a DJ imo.
    Yes I need it. The regular listener doesn't like to be in front of the computer to
    listen to 80 minutes of audio, they do it in the car, while walking, share it with friends ect. I like to give my friends that option and for the filesize limit, I like to compress my mixes to 320kbps, a mix can be very good but with crappy sound seems to be a bad, unprofessional mix, so I need about 170 megas for my sets, at the moment Mixcloud is a no-no for me, I even created an acount at the very begining and haven't uploaded anything yet.
    "I was caught so many times getting oral sex in the booth it was disgusting. I would tell the girls, "Bet you can't make me miss a beat"" (Francis Grasso)

Home
    Mixcloud

I've just started using MixCloud.com because of the SoundCloud hoohaa and I think its quite good actually.

The 100Mb restriction isn't that much of a problem because you can split yr mix up into pieces and then upload them, just number them Pt1, Pt2 etc. I just uploaded a 3hr45min mix there, compressed down to 128kbps, and split into 3 parts. In the description you can leave a link to megaupload, where people can download the whole thing but in a much higher quality bitrate. Another good thing like somebody earlier said, is that you can click on a tag/artist/track and it will show you other sets that contain that track/artist/tag. Very useful.

Another site I was recommended is house-mixes.com, where you can upload your mix in full and people can also download it. I think its good practice to upload your mix at a lower quality (let people stream it and see if they like it) and then provide a seperate link to your higher quality,bigger filesize mix so the little guy running the site doesnt have to foot a huge bill every month.

For me MixCloud is the winner

http://www.mixcloud.com/pfister/

http://house-mixes.com/artists/Pfister/

Pfister on Facebook

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345