Toshiba vs Mixing?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Toshiba vs Mixing?

toshiba has problems with certain software?
    Last edited by lurker; 11-22-2009 at 09:44 PM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    I cant remember where i saw this, but i read somewhere that Toshiba had MAJOR problems with some DJ software, or something similar. i have to make a choice with in 1 day.. HP with OK specs, or Toshiba with better specs. has anyone had any major OR minor probs with toshibas? regardless of what notebook i choose, im getting it for free. so i need straight foreward answers, not 'you should get a mac omg D:<'

fanks <3
    Not sure of the why, but Ive read that Toshibas and Dells seem to have issue. Havent heard the same for the other brands.

Tech Wizard

what about gateways?
    Last edited by lurker; 11-22-2009 at 09:44 PM.

Tech Wizard

Actually, I have a gateway desktop I just bought a few months back. I cant really say I am happy with it. Not very open to expansion. Some software that worked with xp will not work with vista. And finally to add insult to injury, Gateway wont honor an upgrade to 7 onmy machine even though it fall within the list of machines eligible.
    Last edited by usdm; 11-22-2009 at 07:41 PM.

I have a 17 inch Toshiba and havent had any problems with it. Of course the first thing I did with mine was swap it from vista to xp. Then after I did that I built a hardware profile with all the extra stuff I didnt need like wireless turned off and removed all the power management. I only use that profile for DJing, and its been pretty rock solid.
    2 x Techinics 1200 mkIIs, SL1, Pioneer DJM-500, Novation Dicer, Stanton 680 carts, Acer Aspire 1410 11" Netbook
    ----------------------------------------------------

http://twitter.com/djlokifl

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by djlokifl View Post
    I have a 17 inch Toshiba and havent had any problems with it. Of course the first thing I did with mine was swap it from vista to xp. Then after I did that I built a hardware profile with all the extra stuff I didnt need like wireless turned off and removed all the power management. I only use that profile for DJing, and its been pretty rock solid.
    I saw one of those Q models that appealed to me, but I kept getting the whole "dont buy Toshiba" jazz. I couldnt get a proper answer, but Im still a lil paranoid about all the crap Ill have to address.

Do you think the Satellite is a better solution to the Q models?
    Last edited by usdm; 11-22-2009 at 11:06 PM.

check out NI forums, the toshiba lappy have had problems with traktor in the past.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Wizard

I don't understand how a "toshiba" or "dell" can have problems. Check the parts that the computer is made of to see if its solid (hd, ram, motherboard, video card...). If they sell you a computer with cheap parts your gonna have problems lol.
    Electro House

[Podcast] Adrian P : Bangin' On Ya System

Subscribe!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian5 View Post
    I don't understand how a "toshiba" or "dell" can have problems. Check the parts that the computer is made of to see if its solid (hd, ram, motherboard, video card...). If they sell you a computer with cheap parts your gonna have problems lol.
    How do you check the parts?

Tech Wizard

Search for the model and you should be able to come across a list of parts used in the model. From there you can look for reviews and see if they are good.
    Electro House

[Podcast] Adrian P : Bangin' On Ya System

Subscribe!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast