New Denon MCX8000 no computer controller - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Well fuck me sideways and call me grandpa..... DJTT selling Denon gear
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Wizard

Hi all,
    This is my first post on these forums, so - Hello.
    I'm digging up this thread instead of making a new one, because I own a MCX8000 for a bit longer than a month now. Seriously happy with it. Are there any other MCX8000 users on here by now?
    I've just read 2 things I want to correct about the MCX (maybe everyone knows already) but
    - the platter led's can indeed be reversed - single Led on instead of all Led's -1.
    - Serato Flip is accessible from the unit, although with shift pressed. Under the pads.

Also, I'm putting my pretty awesome midi map on here this week. For.. DJ Player Pro (iOS).
    It's a seriously cool combination, trust me. All bells&awhisles on board, great operation and sound.

And to explain 'why' right now:
    I started mixing on 2xSL1200's in 1994, got 2xCDJ1000's around 2006/2007 and a couple of years ago (way longer in fact) I was so sick of burning cd's that I had to do something. (The CDJ2000's came out just a little after I had my CDJ1000's. Quite frustrating).
    I surely wasn't going going to buy 2000's for the home studio, was looking into Traktor but didn't have a laptop, but I kind of stumbled on DJ Player and I did have an iPad.. So there it started and i got to like it a lot.
    I tried a couple of (cheaper) controllers but never was satisfied and never got the 'real DJ booth' experience from them.
    And now with the MCX I do, and I can go 4decks (DVS if I want) DJ Player Pro/2 Engine USB decks+2 DJ Player Pro or even hook up my SL1200's and CDJ'1000's and use only the mixer side of the MCX.
    The thing is just exactly what I've been looking for the last 2 years..

So... Any other MCX users on here already?
    Cheers
    Last edited by HETTO; 06-07-2016 at 09:27 AM.

I have owned my MCX8000 since April, and although it was working great and I went through the process of keeping firmware up to date.. well.. the worst appears to be happening. 1 thing that many people will experience with the new firmware, is that if your computer tries to go into screen saver mode, your right screen will freeze. It started only doing this in Serato, then while using USB sticks but still plugged into the macbook. Then 3 days ago, both screens froze and I could not get them to respond. Finally after a few resets, I held down the browse encoder and turned it on. The screens started back just fine but yesterday both jogs stopped working in vinyl mode. If the song is stopped you can scratch with them, but if the song is playing, the jogs will only slow the track. I called agidj and they said it is warrantee. Called Denon, left a message. At least it made it through the bulk of my wedding season. :/
    Transcendent Tuesdays weekly DNB on www.KRISISDnB.com 8:30-10pm UK time.

Tech Mentor

The Denon MCX8000 is an amazing bit of kit, the build quality is seriously good, it weighs a ton and is all aluminium.. it does everything a DJ could want (standalone, serato, dvs, mixer).. However, I just couldn't get used to it... the completely mirrored design is quite bad, while I did get used to it, it still always bugged me. I had problems with cueing always going to start of track (lead in) it never really found the beat, if you manually find the beat and press cue any controller I have used sets the cue point, not the MCX8000, to get around this I would use the pads.. just another thing I found annoying.

Finally the tempo range was never accurate. Sometimes tracks would load set to +100. Other times it would be hard to manually match BPM.

I gave up and sold it.

All problems could be solved with software updates so all is not lost, maybe I had a different workflow coming from Traktor.

Quote Originally Posted by goodbytes View Post
    The Denon MCX8000 is an amazing bit of kit, the build quality is seriously good, it weighs a ton and is all aluminium.. it does everything a DJ could want (standalone, serato, dvs, mixer).. However, I just couldn't get used to it... the completely mirrored design is quite bad, while I did get used to it, it still always bugged me. I had problems with cueing always going to start of track (lead in) it never really found the beat, if you manually find the beat and press cue any controller I have used sets the cue point, not the MCX8000, to get around this I would use the pads.. just another thing I found annoying.

Finally the tempo range was never accurate. Sometimes tracks would load set to +100. Other times it would be hard to manually match BPM.

I gave up and sold it.
    It also depends if you experienced those "problems" while using Serato on laptop or from using usb sticks.
    Pitch accuracy was in one of the firmware updates, cue modes are user selectable on denon players so maybe they are here also and changes in pitch range with different songs loaded sounds to me like a setting when a song is analyzed in Engine/Serato (either that or you pressed shift+pitch bend accidentally).
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    It also depends if you experienced those "problems" while using Serato on laptop or from using usb sticks.
    Pitch accuracy was in one of the firmware updates, cue modes are user selectable on denon players so maybe they are here also and changes in pitch range with different songs loaded sounds to me like a setting when a song is analyzed in Engine/Serato (either that or you pressed shift+pitch bend accidentally).
    Yeah like I say, different workflows and any actual problems potentially fixed with software/firmware updates. It's a great bit of kit, just not for me..

I moved from this to a DDJ-SX2 and instantly felt at home with it... and I'm not particularly a massive fan of Pioneer stuff.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345