VCI-100(FW 1.2), Traktor 1.2 - Which TSI ?
    Tech Student

Default VCI-100(FW 1.2), Traktor 1.2 - Which TSI ?

Alrighty,

Bit of advice needed for a first time VCI-100 user.
    I have just purchased the vci in the UK with FW 1.2
    Loading and upgrading to Traktor 1.2 has given me simple control but I'm sure there must be a better TSI map available.
    I will eventually invest & upgrade to Ean's FW & template but at the moment I'm after a good usability map to get going until then. (im assuming its not worth using Djtechtools map until i have the template?)

Looking in the Mappings section on the forum really didnt help in choosing a general consensus - "start with this" map for FW1.2/Traktor 1.2

Has anyone got any advice as to which map to start with?

Thanks in advance!

You can try mine.

It's not 100% finished but most buttons do what they say on the tin.

Here are a list of the other features:

I created a beat juggle mode. If you hit the bottom of the three unlabelled buttons on the left hand side of the vci you swith the buttons under each deck to trigger hotcues 1 - 4

The small black balance buttons act as a "super-ish" knob. basically they turn echo on for each deck. I find echo a good way to end a mix and just wanted a knob to whack on dedicated to that

It's basically a 2 deck set up but i sometime wack in samples into decks 3 and 4. You can use the comp keyboard for those.

Nos 1-5 are hc for deck A.
    Nos 6-0 are hc for deck B
    Q-T are hc for Deck C
    Y-P are hc for Deck D

A-L control loop size fro deck A
    Z-. control loop size for deck B

It still needs tweaking but is a start for you
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Student

cheers!

Much better control over default - and over the few I downloaded in the mappings section.
    Great to be using something matched to my versions without having to spend ages mapping at this point. Just wanted to be able to use the controller straight away after having waited months to buy, great to be using the beat juggle mode too!

Few weeks using this and then i'll start tweaking to suit my style.

one happy man, thanks again

Tech Wizard

This is a real nice one!!!
    Been searching for a tsi to start with and this is it for me
    THX

Quote Originally Posted by djmaxone View Post
    You can try mine.

It's not 100% finished but most buttons do what they say on the tin.

Here are a list of the other features:

I created a beat juggle mode. If you hit the bottom of the three unlabelled buttons on the left hand side of the vci you swith the buttons under each deck to trigger hotcues 1 - 4

The small black balance buttons act as a "super-ish" knob. basically they turn echo on for each deck. I find echo a good way to end a mix and just wanted a knob to whack on dedicated to that

It's basically a 2 deck set up but i sometime wack in samples into decks 3 and 4. You can use the comp keyboard for those.

Nos 1-5 are hc for deck A.
    Nos 6-0 are hc for deck B
    Q-T are hc for Deck C
    Y-P are hc for Deck D

A-L control loop size fro deck A
    Z-. control loop size for deck B

It still needs tweaking but is a start for you
    I was using yours up until I upgraded recently and with the 1.2.2 update the filter keys stopped working, did send a PM but no reply, just an fyi mine has been upgraded to 1.3 with overlay now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciar2001 View Post
    I was using yours up until I upgraded recently and with the 1.2.2 update the filter keys stopped working, did send a PM but no reply, just an fyi mine has been upgraded to 1.3 with overlay now.
    Hey man

Sorry i missed your pm. It's not very obvious when one gets a PM i don't find

Anyway, congrats on upgrading to overlay, i just can't work out if i'm too used to my own layout to get the overlay now...
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by theferret View Post
    cheers!

Much better control over default - and over the few I downloaded in the mappings section.
    Great to be using something matched to my versions without having to spend ages mapping at this point. Just wanted to be able to use the controller straight away after having waited months to buy, great to be using the beat juggle mode too!

Few weeks using this and then i'll start tweaking to suit my style.

one happy man, thanks again
    No worries fella. Mapping is a chore to be fair but is pretty key to learn.

Feel free to tweak it till your heart is content.

Quote Originally Posted by djmaxone View Post
    Hey man

Sorry i missed your pm. It's not very obvious when one gets a PM i don't find

Anyway, congrats on upgrading to overlay, i just can't work out if i'm too used to my own layout to get the overlay now...
    no worries mate your TSI was great, i upgraded the VCI but i now mix on my Xone 4D but i thought i might as well upgrade it and do the overlay incase i ever need it for playing out

Quote Originally Posted by Ciar2001 View Post
    no worries mate your TSI was great, i upgraded the VCI but i now mix on my Xone 4D but i thought i might as well upgrade it and do the overlay incase i ever need it for playing out
    Fair enough, Xone 4D looks dark!!!!!

All I can say is the Xone 4D is amazing, I haven't even utilised it fully yet, but slowly but surely seeing a different side to what can be achieved with it