Software Sampler

Default Software Sampler

Hello Everyone,

I have been trying to find some software that simply allows loading and triggering wav/mp3 samples via a midi controller.

You see, I have Serato DJ running on a Windows laptop via USB to a Mixtrack Pro 2 with Launchpad for custom cues, loops and functions and Launchpad Control XL for samples and effects control.

This all works fantastic, with 1 limitation, Serato only has 24 sample slots.

One weekly sporting gig I have requires a lot more samples to be played, and it is just a chore to keep loading and unloading samples to some of the banks.
    So wondered if there was some plain and simple PC based software to load samples, control them via MIDI, using one of the Launchpads, and send the audio out via soundcard to my external amp.

Someone kindly told me to buy Traktor and a new mixer, really helpful, as the £250 it would cost could be spent on an Akai MPX8 instead, but I dont really want to have to purchase any more hardware, as it wont then all fit in my new flight case.
    Yes, Traktor has 64 sample slots though.

I have looked at the likes of sampledecks, which looks like it would do the job, just concerned about support and how good it actually is.

Any suggestions?

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Wells View Post
    Hello Everyone,

So wondered if there was some plain and simple PC based software to load samples, control them via MIDI, using one of the Launchpads, and send the audio out via soundcard to my external amp.
    Don't launchpads come with Ableton Lite ? ... that would do the job perfectly and you'd never be running out of sample slots, not to mention is designed to work with the launchpads out of the box.

Hi Deevey,

Yes it does come with lite, but, I cannot find anyway to run both at the same time, serato to mix and ableton to fire the samples.

I have serato midi set to output to the Mixtrack and ableton set to trigger from the launchpad and output to laptop sound card, which I expected to work, but serato seems to drop comms with the Mixtrack and does not respond to it all the time that ableton is open. I can successfully load samples and triggers from the launchpad through ableton and hear it. The plan was to route the headphone port on the laptop to and amp channel.

If I close ableton and serato, then reopen serato I can regain control.

The only other topics I have seen relate to scratch live and ableton live suite using the bridge. That would mean at least £600 outlay for live suite as live lite and standard are not supporting bridge.
    Ableton state The Bridge requires Ableton Live / Suite 8.2 or above, Serato Scratch Live 2.1.1 or above and Rane Serato Scratch Live hardware.

The Bridge is not supported by Ableton Live Lite, Ableton Live Intro, Ableton Live Akai Professional APC edition and Ableton Live Launchpad edition.

Tech Wizard

VDJ has basically an unlimited amount of samples, hot cues, you can use.
    As far as running Ableton at the same time as Serato, is there an option in preferences about sharing audio?
    Unfortunately I do not have Ableton anymore and might be thinking of a different DAW. But I have seen an option to have the audio shared or only play what the DAW sees.

Tech Wizard

This maybe helpful as well. This prevents any one program from preventing other audio sources from playing.

https://dailykermit.wordpress.com/20...evice-control/
    Last edited by joelsmith1978; 02-03-2016 at 02:36 PM. Reason: forgot link