M-Audio ProFire 610
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default M-Audio ProFire 610

Now this is more like it. Firewire external soundcard with MIDI, 6 ins (2xXLR with preamps, 2xquarter-inch balanced and 2xSPDIF that you'll never use) and 10 outs, 8 of which are even usable!

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_u...e610-main.html

Mmmm, 8 outputs... Perfect for those who want to use an external mixer, with room to grow.

192khz is a nice feature too .

drool...
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Tech Convert

If my firewire 410 ever died, that would probably be the replacement. The retail price seems to be about $400.

nice!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

That's a pretty decent looking unit!
    Mixing internally is where its all at nowadays though, its cheaper and you can be more creative. It would made a great unit for surround sound mixing though if anyone gets into that.

is this the next step? ive been wanting to grab a firebox...its rather old.

but should i just save up for this guy? 192 khz sampling is that what will be we standard soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    is this the next step? ive been wanting to grab a firebox...its rather old. but should i just save up for this guy? 192 khz sampling is that what will be we standard soon?
    The 192khz sampling rate isn't important for DJ work just so long as your output matches your MP3's resolution, which will always be under 44.1Khz (CD quality). 192KHz is mainly for recording under testing conditions, like super high fidelity acoustic sound - for DJ output you'll never use it.

Yes, this one is the "next step", just released, state of the art external sound card. If you're buying your first external soundcard you're probably better off getting a good quality 2-in 4-out box now and work it hard, then when you find yourself hitting limitations you can fully understand whether you need a Ferrari like this or if you need to go the Juggernaut route with something like the Edirol FA-101.

Damn Pricey. Does anyone have any experience with this card? One thing I found really frustrating about the my current card (M-Audio Fasttrak Pro) is that M-Audio says it's supported for Windows, but it has a really rough install process and I hardly trust the damn thing. It seems like M-Audio developers are probably more Mac oriented because their products get way better ratings in the Mac world.
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    you can fully understand whether you need a Ferrari like this or if you need to go the Juggernaut route with something like the Edirol FA-101.
    there's not much difference in price between this and the FA-101. I'm looking for a new, better soundcard for gigs. i didn't like the fact the Fireface has no volume knob for headphones on the front as i use this all the time. Currently using the Edirol FA-66 but considering this baby, or maybe a MOTU Ultralite.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast