Ear plugs

Thread: Ear plugs

Default Ear plugs

Hi peeps,
    I want to get some pro ear plugs for 2 clubs im @ which have insane monitoring (totally unhealthy).
    could you give me some link and general info about which works best for dj-ing.
    sublime[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Tech Guru

I use some custom molded musicians earplugs. My local audiologist did the fitting with a hearing screening. My health insurance even covered the visit...BUT not the earplugs. There was no upcharge for the fitting - I paid the same as the home molding kit.

I will NOT even set foot into a club without these earplugs. They are flush with the outer ear, and aside from needing to turn up the headphones a bit, there are no issues DJing with them.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

thx
    sublime[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by soundinmotiondj View Post
    I use some custom molded musicians earplugs. My local audiologist did the fitting with a hearing screening. My health insurance even covered the visit...BUT not the earplugs. There was no upcharge for the fitting - I paid the same as the home molding kit.

I will NOT even set foot into a club without these earplugs. They are flush with the outer ear, and aside from needing to turn up the headphones a bit, there are no issues DJing with them.
    entirely this. also you can turn down the monitors in the booth on the mixer

Tech Mentor

I'd have to agree with soundinmotiondj and Parsons7 about the customs. It really is worth the investment ($150 - $200 average) if you are djing most every weekend and plan on doing it for a long time.

The company I chose was Westone. They have done me good in customer service too by remaking one of my plugs 2 different times because it didn't quite fit right. Also, most customs (no matter the manufacturer) have different attenuation filters you can choose from.

Tech Wizard

Reading this check out MUTE AUDIO, im not sure if they do audio earplugs but just for future they are unreal and fully protect the ear.
    Tommy Lewis | Fast, hard & Ultimate grooves, music matters. | SOUNDCLOUD > https://soundcloud.com/tommylewisdj

will do thx
    sublime[/SOUNDCLOUD]