Creating set without recording
    Tech Student

Default Creating set without recording

Hey guys!

So I'm wondering if anyone knows of a program that exists for creating mixes without actually recording??
    Sounds strange but hear me out. If you want to make the perfect mix for a party where you are not the main attraction, but part of the environment, would it not be easiest to create the perfect set with the perfect transitions?

So instead of "recording your mix" you would place your track in something like Garage band for example. From there you could impose certain commands that would stay permanently on the track, ex. Low Pass Filter.
    So every time you play that track now, at that certain section, there would permanently be a low pas filter unless you undid the command.

Anyone know of a program like this? That would still function as a normal mixing program perhaps as well? Either way I would greatly appreciate it!!

Ronoc out.

Ableton Live.
    Mixmeister Fusion.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

I would do it on Ableton, but if you don't know the softwares, you probably don't know how to use them, and you won't learn it in a couple of days.

I think something like Mixed In Key's Mashup would be better for you. It's much easier to use.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
    I would do it on Ableton, but if you don't know the softwares, you probably don't know how to use them, and you won't learn it in a couple of days.
    +1 Ableton Live is a great tool for this kind of automation. Learning to deal with the software interface is an investment of time, and that investment is worth making, in the long term.

Ableton Live will handle tempo changes through a mix, but it is not elegant, IMO. The level of automation control through a mix in Ableton Live is REALLY good.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
    I think something like Mixed In Key's Mashup would be better for you. It's much easier to use.
    +2 This is the route I would take.

The advantage of a "perfect mix" over "crossfades in iTunes" is OK...but not expected or required for the application. Spend 2% of the effort, use MIK (or similar) and invest the remainder of your time & effort into learning Ableton Live.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

So you want the Mixmeisster 3000 to mix for you eh
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "